Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently the automatic window closing feature of the remote key when the lock button is pressed and held has stopped working. I have recently got tints and 6x9s and amp fitted. cud one of these be the reason y this function has stopped working? has anyone got a solution to this problem?

many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
862 Posts
thetruck said:
Recently the automatic window closing feature of the remote key when the lock button is pressed and held has stopped working. I have recently got tints and 6x9s and amp fitted. cud one of these be the reason y this function has stopped working? has anyone got a solution to this problem?

many thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Do the windows still operate from the switches in the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh the windows work fine with the switches, just not with the alarm. ive tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery agen but that just reset the clock and trip counter, stereo settings etc.

·
Registered
93 Posts
thetruck said:

many thanks in advance!

when u installed the 6x9 in the side door panel, a wire to the window might of got loose, u shud check the wires

·
Registered
256 Posts
The other possibility is your battery is being drained by the modifications and cannot close your windows, the windows are part of the multiplex computer and are interlink, the switches act as momentary switches.
Or your installer is an idiot.....
Do your passenger side windows and rear windows work, and where did the mod installer take the power supply from.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys thanks 4 all the replies! i played about with the windows and C/L this morning and sumhow got the passenger window to close with the key but not the drivers. i thought i wud pursue it lata on and guess what... the drivers one is closing with the key aswell! PROBLEM SOLVED!

thanks to evry1 who posted, this forum is pretty good!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like your battery to me, upon closure my old car used to shut the windows but sometimes one would always remain open, it was the battery drain causing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts