Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Peugeot 307 Estate 02 Plate

I have 2 problems with the brakes on this car which may be linked or could be 2 completely separate problems.

1)The ABS Fault Light is on permanently, i have had it plugged in to a diagnostic machine and it says it a fault in the left rear speed sensor, i had this replaced and still got the fault so i had them replace the sensor again and still got the same fault.

2) Recently i have been getting an intermittent brake problem of the weird kind, when i start the car there seems to be no brake pressure and the pedal is really spongy , a couple of presses of the pedal and the pressure comes back, but when i am driving and need to brake the pedal drops about an inch before i can feel any pressure , the brakes also feel hard sometimes, seems to be a lot worse when its wet or cold.I have had a garage test the brakes and they put it on the rolling road and told me that the brake pressure is fine and the pump seems to be working properly.

I thought i would take it for the recall on the ABS but the peugeot dealer said they cant do it while the ABS Light is on and i would have to pay £60 for a diagnostic first - which is pointless because i know the ABS fault will not reset.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

Mike:nono:

G

·
As far as i remember isnt the ABS recall to check for water ingress?

Therefore if its worse when wet/cold i would tell peugeot this when you try and book in for, i'm pretty certain that because its a recall on the braking system they cant turn you away

Or do what i've done before, and a few friends of mine, just go straight to peugeot HQ detailing whats been happening, more than likely you will get a better respone if a dealership is told to do something from the top!

And i'm glad you posted this, you've reminded me to book mine in for the ABS recall! :thumb:

edit: wouldnt the abs error code need to be cleared after the parts have been replaced? are they clearing fault codes after replacing the parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stubbo said:
As far as i remember isnt the ABS recall to check for water ingress?

Therefore if its worse when wet/cold i would tell peugeot this when you try and book in for, i'm pretty certain that because its a recall on the braking system they cant turn you away

Or do what i've done before, and a few friends of mine, just go straight to peugeot HQ detailing whats been happening, more than likely you will get a better respone if a dealership is told to do something from the top!

And i'm glad you posted this, you've reminded me to book mine in for the ABS recall! :thumb:

edit: wouldnt the abs error code need to be cleared after the parts have been replaced? are they clearing fault codes after replacing the parts?
Hi Stubbo , Thanks for the advise, i will give peugeot a ring and see what they say .
The ABS Fault code refuses to reset, have had it on 2 different diagnostics which suggests that the fault is not with the actual sensor itself ?.

Mike

G

·
If the fault code refuses to reset then i'm pretty certain you can change all the parts you want and the ABS light wont clear, unless it does reset but another fault makes it throw a code again?

Let me know what peugeot say on this one, l;ike i say mines due in for an ABS recall but want as much info as possible before it goes in, heard a few horror stories!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts