Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Had a head gasket issue on my 307 about 4 years ago, had it fixed but I'm fearful it's on it's way out again.

There is a build up of murky brown gunk inside the oil cap and the water inside of the water tank has become thicker and murky.

Heaters/blowers have stopped working.

Is this the head gasket? Or any other culprits? It's still driving ok for now... Is it safe to continue using this car? (Had an mot about 8 weeks ago...)

Probably going to get rid if it's serious, if so is there any value in a 100k mile 307 04 plate with this problem with its mot?

Appreciate any input!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi guys

Had a head gasket issue on my 307 about 4 years ago, had it fixed but I'm fearful it's on it's way out again.

There is a build up of murky brown gunk inside the oil cap and the water inside of the water tank has become thicker and murky.

Is this the head gasket? Or any other culprits? It's still driving ok for now... Is it safe to continue using this car? (Had an mot about 8 weeks ago...)

Probably going to get rid if it's serious, if so is there any value in a 100k mile 307 04 plate with this problem with its mot?

Appreciate any input!
You could have a seal popped somewhere or it could be the dreaded H/G....:nono:

heater/blower: do you mean electrically or just no heat?

was the system flushed after the last H/G fix? could it be remains of that crud?

you dont mention if you are losing water or definately have signs of oil in coolant tank?

could be a few things things but to make sure get a sniff test done on the coolant tank or just buy a kit off e-bay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like the head gasket, might be worth trying a bottle of steel seal for £40 if it is.

You will probably get the most money if you break it and the tyres are in good condition.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi guys

Appreciate any input!
why not give us details of the engine to assist further and have a good read here too http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts