Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys
has any one got a diagram showing the positions of the Crank, Camshaft and Pump for a 307 hdi dturbo 51 plate please, i have checked the net but im a bit confused with my findings.

I replaced mine and im not happy with the performance so suspect im a tooth out or something as the engine is gutless pulling off and there is diesel knock under load too.

The engine was checked for any lockups ie piston hitting valves before i started it and was all ok, also engine starts 1st time every time.

Also injectors where cleaned about 2 weeks ago and i removed them the other day and they were sooty and i feel fuel economy is down too.

There is no smoke from the engine.

Does this image look correct?

Thanks Folks:thumb:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the only real accurate way of doing it is locking the flywheel behind the starter motor

i tried it without and there was too much play in the pulleys

might be worth redoing it and locking off the camshaft and doing the flywheel too to be sure

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
just as monty says, lock up the timing again and make sure theres no play when you lock up the flywheel some use a 7mm bolt or 7.5 drill bit best to get a bolt that fits snug as anything that does not fit proper may put the timing out slightly am near sure its a 8mm bolt you need or a kit wont be that dear to buy .

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
the hole into the flywheel is a bit of a Mare to get the Pin in Windy came over to do mine and he had a bent piece of bar that fitted in well was some talk of using an old hacksaw handle bent to shape if I remember correctly

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
your right its hard to get it in as I just pull the starter to one side and fight with the wiring loom lol, I must try that the next time a hack saw handle good tip that :thumb:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When I changed the belt on my wife's '05 307hdi I marked a tooth on the pulleys and made marks behind them to line up with them.
It works.
It isn't the ideal way to do the job I know, however it saves taking the starter motor off.

Roger.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all

Hay folks thanks for all the reply's.

I can understand the locking off the crank bit but what about the position of the Fuel Pump? the camshaft bit looks straight forward though so where does the Fuel pump need to be as i can not see any markings on it.

Once again, thanks all
:thumb:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Hay folks thanks for all the reply's.

I can understand the locking off the crank bit but what about the position of the Fuel Pump? the camshaft bit looks straight forward though so where does the Fuel pump need to be as i can not see any markings on it.

Once again, thanks all
:thumb:
The fuel pump doesn't need to be timed so you don't need to worry about where the pulley is. You have already been advised a couple of times to lock the cam pulley as well as the flywheel. Locking both is the only sure way of ensuring the timing is correct.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The fuel pump doesn't need to be timed so you don't need to worry about where the pulley is. You have already been advised a couple of times to lock the cam pulley as well as the flywheel. Locking both is the only sure way of ensuring the timing is correct.
The other small bit of advice I would put in the Mix is when you have the timing correct using the Pins after tensioning the belt do not put the cam cover on straight away start the engine and listen to see if the belt is too tight If it is you will hear it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many Thanks

Thanks guys i will lock it all up and check it out

Thanks for all the posts and help

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That seemed just crazy to me when I read it.
Then a moments reflection; The injectors are controlled electronically via signals from the camshaft position sensor, so as long as the pump is turning creating enough pressure in the rail is all that matters?.
Have I got this right?.

Knowing this would have simplified changing the timing belt on my wifes' '05 307hdi!. :)

Roger.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I changed a belt on a Ford fusion 1.6 petrol yesterday. When you undo the bottom (crankshaft) pulley bolt the timing sprocket is free to turn, no woodruff key.
You need tools to lock the crankshaft and camshafts in position then tension the belt before tightening the pulley bolt. And you have to lock the engine firmly, the bolt is done up FT!.

Roger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts