Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an update (2005) 307 2.0 petrol and i want to replace the thermostat. as i don't have a manual for it, i wanted to know someone might help me locate it.
thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi, I have an update (2005) 307 2.0 petrol and i want to replace the thermostat. as i don't have a manual for it, i wanted to know someone might help me locate it.
thanks in advance. :)
You dont mean the external temp gauge do you? If not the thermostat as David says, the sensor for the temp is on the wing mirror.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What up with it for you needing to replace it?
Its on the housing to the right of the head looking in at engine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
the car sat for about a month to 6 weeks and since then its normal operating temperature has risen by about 20% to around 90 degrees but it does not getting any higher than 100. i spoke with a mechanic and he suggested that the thermostat could have ceased up from the car not being used and that this would be a place to start.
does that sound reasonable? or should i be looking at something else. BTW it is not using coolant but i have not had the radiator pressure tested or checked gases.

D

·
0 Posts
Nope. Everything sounds totally normal. I wouldn't waste my money on changing the thermostat.

D

·
0 Posts
The weather has got warmer hasn't it. Six months ago was the weather was totally different. As long as its not going up into the red then alls fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts