Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I drive a 307 2.0 HDI on an '02 plate, driving around today the engine temperature gauge suddenly shot up and a warning on the dash came on saying 'Stop engine coolant too hot' (or words to that effect!), the fan kicked in and then the temperature dropped back to normal. This happend 3 times throughout the day.

Also noticed that the gauge tends to drift up and down fairly quickly inbetween 70-80 degrees. The coolant level is fine and the oil level is fine does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi wockhead,

Although I don't know the intricacies of Peugeots (yet) this very much sounds like the temperature sender unit might be on it's way out. If this suddenly gave a high reading I would think the OBC would give the "high temp" warning and also trigger the fan to cut in.

A trip to your local dealer (or a knowledgeable auto electrician) would confirm whether this is the case or not.

HTH

Dave

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please excuse the very late posting, but I'm just boosting my number of posts. Quite right, son-in-law had this on his 307, replaced the sensor unit and solved it straight away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts