Peugeot Forums banner

307 SW Wierd creaking noise when steering

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bluetyler 
#1 ·
I have had this wierd noise coming from the front of the car for several months now and it is driving me mad.

If i drive for anything more than 30 miles or so the front end starts to creak when I steer. It is OK when I set off. The creaking sounds louder when i am stationary but in that situation,after turns of the wheel it stops and only reyturns once I'm moving again. I have had all my joints greased at a garage and they have checked for anything loose or missing and checked my CV joints and bearings but they have found nothing and are at a loss.

I have jacked the car several times to try and find the problem but when the front end is up there's nothing to hear at all.

I am assured this is not a real problem but it is very annoying and I am slowly losing confidence that this is trivia.

Can anyone help?

#2 ·
Rigger100472 said:
I have had this wierd noise coming from the front of the car for several months now and it is driving me mad.

If i drive for anything more than 30 miles or so the front end starts to creak when I steer. It is OK when I set off. The creaking sounds louder when i am stationary but in that situation,after turns of the wheel it stops and only reyturns once I'm moving again. I have had all my joints greased at a garage and they have checked for anything loose or missing and checked my CV joints and bearings but they have found nothing and are at a loss.

I have jacked the car several times to try and find the problem but when the front end is up there's nothing to hear at all.

I am assured this is not a real problem but it is very annoying and I am slowly losing confidence that this is trivia.

Can anyone help?
I have a 207 that used to creak from somewhere at the bottom of the steering column. It developed notchy power steering & I ended up getting the steering rack swapped under warranty. Creaking also stopped after this was done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.