Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

First post/new thread from me. Finding this forum VERY useful so far!

Ive got an issue that cant seem to be resolved whatever dosh I throw at it :(

I bought my 307 SW a month or 2 ago, cheap, I knew it had issues, the flywheel needed replacement and the gas struts on the back were knackerd, so I got the car a lot cheaper than what they are going for as the XSI hdi. I took it to a local garage, a Citroen dealer, because I get a bit of a discount with them as my manager was their manager. I had the flywheel and clutch replaced, new brakes and a service. I mentioned to them the car pulled to the left a bit and at 60+mph the wheel shook quite a lot, un-noticeable when doing less than 50 though. They had it for a few days, suggested the track rod ends were a bit loose. I had those replaced. No joy, still shook. I took it back to them, they said there was play in the rack and the internal bushes were knackerd. I orderd up a recon rack and gave it to them to fix with the lower arm bushes.

I got it back today after they said it was finished and low and behold, STILL the same!!! Not much worse but definately no better. Im now at a loss (as well as financially!) I dont know what it could be!

I would say perhaps a bad thread in the tyre or a mis-shapen alloy (although the garage said they were fine and even did a full tracking and alignment adjustment), which might explain the shake, but not the pulling to the left!?

I might try switching back to front wheels, but I cannot see in any way that will effect the pulling, therefore its likely to be a combination of both the shake and pull. I have done a search on here and found people with the same shake problem but have cured it switching wheels. But the pull???

Someone, please please please help/suggest something? Also, do you think that the garage should refund me the labour cost of the repair as they mis-diagnosed the problem???

C

·
0 Posts
Brother in law had the pull to one side on a brand new civic dealer rotated tyres which surprisingly solved the issue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, a brief update. went back to garage, they moved front to back and back to front as i requested. drove back to work but got stuck behind several lorries so couldnt get to shaking speed. car still veers to left maybe a little less, but still just as worrying. will give a real test drive on dual carriageway after work...!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly is cured now! Its a bit odd that... it made me wonder though, if the wheel or tyre are mis-shapen and create wobble on the front, surely its not that great for being on the back?? I cant really notice much wobble from the back but i had to think... Anyway, wobble sorted, veering to left not so much... i guess ill have to put up with that!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts