Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 307 SW SE 57 reg plate and the rear wiper keeps randomly turning on, nothing specifically sets it off. I've got to the point where the only way to stop it is by removing the fuse. Anyone has any suggestions what the problem is and how to solve it please? Thank you.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi,
I have a 307 SW SE 57 reg plate and the rear wiper keeps randomly turning on, nothing specifically sets it off. I've got to the point where the only way to stop it is by removing the fuse. Anyone has any suggestions what the problem is and how to solve it please? Thank you.
Have you had the COMMS unit stalk switch looked at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I haven't because I wasn't sure what to do about it and I'm not sure I know what a COMMS unit stalk switch is? Sorry.

·
Registered
687 Posts
No I haven't because I wasn't sure what to do about it and I'm not sure I know what a COMMS unit stalk switch is? Sorry.
It's the controls just behind the steering wheel with the inductors, lights and wiper controls. My first area to get checked out would be the wiper switch on this unit that works the rear wiper and maybe give it a clean to sort out any sticky connections. Trust me on this forum does repairs of these units as well if it turns out to be the problem

·
Registered
548 Posts
Had the same problem with my 57 plate 307sw.

I spoke to the guy about a coms repair but he said with the unit that was fitted it was more likley to be a faulty switch on the end of the stalk. It is possible to remove and clean contacts etc but its a pain. To be honest I broke mine on removl and it was quite costly trying to souce the correct fitting trip switch assembly, then re feeding the cable down the stalk into the coms unit.

Would first of all try repeatedly using the rear wipe switch (ignition off) which may be enough to clean the contacts for now.

·
Registered
160 Posts
At the other end of the car, you could have a look at the connectors in the rear. If there is water damage this could do funny things.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi!

Quote from danish peugeotclub.dk and translated with google...

There is a parking signal from the wiper motor to the control box, so it knows when to stop, this signal does not reach, either because there is dirt on a copper track inside the wiper motor or there is a broken wire in the rubber bushing between the tailgate and the body. Each time the control box "wake up" by some action of a door, horn or anything else, you discover that the wiper is not in place and tend to put things right when the wiper has been running 5-6 times without signal comes, it turns off again to protect the engine.

Regs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone you have all been very helpful. I just felt it was only me that was experiencing this problem and my husband just didn't bother listening to me so thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts