Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, today I attempted to change my rear axle bushes on my 2006 307 sw. The old one came out quite easily but there is no way the new one will go in. I have measured the diameter with some vernier calipers and the new one is about 2.5 mm larger than the old one. Anyone come across this before?

The car is currently on axle stands and I need it to get to work, any advice greatly appreciated.

Calvin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply, the old bush had a plastic outer, no metal. The new bush also is plastic, I was at work when the new bushes came in the post, so I told my wife to put them in the freezer thinking they were metal. Now they have been out of the freezer for a while they have softened up and I have now managed to get one fitted but it was bl-- dy tight. Anyhow, I think I have now sorted the problem. Just the drivers side to tackle, I think that can wait till Wednesday.

Thanks

Calvin

·
Registered
3 Posts
The axle bushes are not round but more oval shaped. They need quite a bit force to be pushed in the axle I found. Make sure to align them correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts