Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I've got some maintenance work to do on my 307 SW, needs a front bumper replacement and wheel arch liner as well. I've hired some garage space with a 2 post lift (as well as trolley jack and axle stands), looked in the Haynes and it mentions lifting the front to make bumper removal easier.

What I need to know (having not used a lift before) is what points to place the lifting arms for the lift? Or would you recommend using the trolley jack and axle stands just to do the front up? I've changed tyres on this car before using the supplied jack on the sill lifting points, but assumed these would be too flimsy for lifting the whole car? Should I go on the rear beam axle and front subframe, or elsewhere?

Sorry if it's a bit of a noob question, my experience is with old landrovers, and lifting them is easy as there's a whacking great ladder chassis to lift on!

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Use the 2 post lift it is much easier and lift it on the sills at the jacking points or put the legs right under onto chassis legs but for lifting the whole car sills are fine.

if using a trolley jack DO NOT jack on the sills as you are actually lifting more weight at 1 point using the trolley jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts