Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2006, 307 SW Estate 1.6 diesel and I need to replace all 4 wheel hubs. Does anyone know where I can get a part number list from my VIN.
I've seen mentions on this forum of Peugeot service box but cannot seem to access it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Hal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I,ve only had the car a few weeks.
Went to have a couple of new tyres fitted but the fitter could not undo the security bolts on the alloy wheels (over torqued). Went back to the dealer and asked them to sort if out and fit standard bolts which they did however when I got the car home I noticed that the replacement bolt heads where bigger than standard (19mm instead of 17mm)
Checked the torque on the 19mm bolts and found it to be almost zero (one of the bolt holes in all 4 hubs stripped). When I phoned the dealer he stated that "the bolts must have been over torqued after I left his site"!!!!!!
Pity I didn't check properly when I went to collect the car as I,ve now been advised it would be difficult to prove in court that the dealer was responsible.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
In that case your best option would be to visit a car breakers and buy what you need as the front drive flange is fitted into a bearing and cannot be replaced without the bearing being damaged and the whole upright must come off to do that.

New dealer bearing will be probably £40 a side

You will also damage the ABS sensor in the process so that's another £30 a side !!

The flange is around £50 a side but you will get the entire assembly for that price !

Rears depends on type of brakes as some have 1 piece hubs and discs combined.

Whole job done at a dealers could end up costing a huge amount !

Unless you can do this yourself it is going to cost a lot but buying everything new is going to be expensive

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice.

Do you know if the front hubs with abs are common to all 2006 SW or will I have to find parts specific to my vehicle.

Thanks once more for your prompt and helpful reply.

Regards

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
There is another possible cure which could work out cheaper but depends on if there is enough metal left you could get the threaded section helicoiled this would restore the threads to the correct size but needs someone who knows what they are doing.

A local engineering place or agricultural engineer may be able to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts