Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one
can any one tell me is the cooling fan ment to come on after 2 miles and it is so loud that it sounds like a road sweeper is out side my house any idears pls or is this the norm :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noisy Fan 2

I am sorry I cannot help but I can only agree with your comments about how noisy the fan is as I am having similar problems. I bought a 2004 307 SW 1.6 HDI approx 4 wks ago and have taken it back to the dealers twice as I was very concerned at the noise level. It seems to happen intermittently on short journeys but is extremely loud. I have been told that this is "normal" and was told it was to "cool the particilate filter in the exhaust" ? I have spoken to a couple of other people who said they have not experienced this problem. Could anyone confirm this is normal or offer any advice on this please.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
I am pretty sure that the fan has absolutely nothing to do with the particulate filter.
Do you have air-con? The fan will always come on if the air con is on, and most of the pugs these days seem to have air con on as the default.
Can't comment on the noise, haven't noticed it on my 307 SW 2.0 HDI 110 (except when I am outside the car).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have had this on my 307sw. If the same it is the fan cooling when regenerating. From my experiences recently, which includes a misfire, the regeneration is only suppose to happen every 300-400km? Mine was coming on what seemed every 5 mins and sound like a traction engine, this should run for around 7-8 mins. Peugeot (Portugal) have investigated and replaced ceramic filter which has stopped the repeated regeneration, but the misfire fault has now returned. Hope this might help and if anyone has any ideas on the misfire I would appreciate a solution.

speedykev

·
Registered
5 Posts
is this normal then, as it happened to me last night and again today after 2 short journeys then it stopped comming on just as i was about to telephone a friend who works at cars which is typical

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got one of them!!!

My 2007, 307 2.0 HDi 136 SW, has funnily enough a fan that sounds like a coal sorting machine. It has just been replaced today under warranty, i drive 20 miles home, and guess what?

It still fekking rattles, shakes, and vibrates.

Peugeot are a disgrace, I will never buy one again. In fact i wouldn't let them clowns repair a puncture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts