Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 307 seems to get through light bulbs at a high rate. I seem to have to change at least one of the headlight bulbs every few months. The townlights and rearlights are just as bad. The headlights come on when the engine is started (lights have to be used 24 hrs/day, all year round). The indicator bulbs are the only ones that last - one bulb gone in seven years.

Is this another "feature" of the 307?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
alloydog said:
Our 307 seems to get through light bulbs at a high rate. I seem to have to change at least one of the headlight bulbs every few months. The townlights and rearlights are just as bad. The headlights come on when the engine is started (lights have to be used 24 hrs/day, all year round). The indicator bulbs are the only ones that last - one bulb gone in seven years.

Is this another "feature" of the 307?

changed my sidelights to led`s , seems to have helped my headlight consumption.:light:

G

·
Do you not get any problem with warnings about bulbs being blown when you use led's?

Not even sure if the 307's have this feature actually!

I need to swap my rear lights for led's, one side has got so hot all the bulb surround has melted and knackered up, only a bit of expert bodging keeping it alive at the mo but any more melting and its a gonner! :lol:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
stubbo , don`t have that feature , i know that i only turn any lights on now when the car is at idle and only turn them off when i clutch and wait to the rev`s drop don`t know if it`s just in my head but bulbs seem to last longer.
the leds are 100% legal as long as they are white went through psv last month with them in.:thumb: (will post pic of them later so anyone considering can see that they are a cheap but good option).:nod:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
led sidelights during the day and evening, alot better than standard and not a bad upgrade for little money (if i remember around £5 a set including postage of fleabay).
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Peugeot 307
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Headlamp
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Peugeot 307
anybody else like to show their lights.

G

·
I'm likin them martin,

Give a much more cleaner look than normal bulbs, heading off to ebay in the morning to purchase some i think!

Think thats also where i'm heading with mine, minor mods that add a nice little touch to the car, will get some pics up soon for suggestions

Ta very much for the pics :thumb:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coo, they look neat - however, side lights here don't get used, as the mian headlights have to be on all the time.

It's retarded really, you never use the sidelights, but if the bulbs failed, you'll fail the annual car checking... :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts