Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 54 plate 307 sw 2.0 HDI that is surging on slow acceleration and when holding constant speed.It doesn't do it if I accelerate quickly and there is no warning light on the dash. It's almost like it's running on kangaroo juice. I've spoken to a couple of members on here and was told to disconnect the MAF sensor and drive it, which would prove the sensor. On disconnecting it the car drove smooth through the full range. I've taken the MAF off and cleaned it numerous times but had no change so I'm now resigned to buying a new one.
I'm struggling to find a compatible one though. The one fitted at the minute is a Siemens 5WK9 7001. I've tried searching for this exact one and am struggling to come across them, is there an alternative brand or part number any one can suggest to me that would fit (and preferably as cheap as possible)
Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
5 Posts
307 SW MAF sensor

I had the same issue on 2004 XSi HDI 136bhp and replaced MAF Sensor. No difference so found someone with Planet and all Turbo repeat sensor readings are incorrect so hoping that replacing sensor will cure problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for the fast reply.. That was my next thought if the MAF didn't sort the problem. I think it would probably be a good choice to get it on Peugeot Planet first. Did you change the repeat sensor yourself or did you have a garage sort it? what kind of price are we looking at for that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a mate at a garage who will pop it on a ramp to change it. Very handy. It's difficult to get the sensor without the complete capsule but davidireland on here came to the rescue. Very reasonable price too. Defo get it on planet though to save replacing parts you don't need to(cost me a fortune). This site is great for advice.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Definitely get it on Planet as it could be either of the above or even the turbo control solenoid.

It sounds like Maf from what you're saying and if it is then you have a choice between a new seimens at £100+ or a copy one at about £30.

I've heard some of the copy ones are poor quality but I have one on my 306 I guess it's just pot luck.

The 307 HDI 2.0 makes some allowance for a faulty MAF. My 1999 306 had an absolute fit with a faulty MAF going into limp mode with eml on but now I've got a cheapo MAF from ebay and it runs fine:

The MAF I got was from this seller:

eBay My World - ukdieselparts2011

·
11,780 Posts
If you have a faulty MAF sensor you should be getting error codes:

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Malfunction
P0101 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input
P0103 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit High Input
P0104 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Intermittent

Unless you're fitting a cheapo MAF for around £30, get it checked with Planet first. Genuine Pierburg MAFs aren't cheap.

But I've fitted three cheap ones and all have been fine. I've used this company:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/airflow_uk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the tips I'll have a look at the ebay companies you gave me and give them a try if it comes to that.

Thanks for the tip on cleaning the sensors George. Had them out this morning both were pretty crudded up, both cleaned up like new but hasn't made a difference to the fault.

Next step Peugeot Planet. How much doe the pp software and cables cost to buy? Is it easy to use? Somthing I might consider for the future!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is where I'm at now. Cars not been used much since original post and due to working away problem not sorted either. took it up to Nottingham yesterday, drove back today and surging seemed really bad, worse than it was. Then my engine management light came on with a warning depollution fault and I was restricted to around 2000 rpm. But the surging has stopped. I now desperately need to get it onto PP to find the fault codes. Does whats happened point to anything else diagnostic wise??? Also how much can I use the car in Limp home mode??? I need to drive a good half hour to get to my nearest PP member, and have plans coming up too! any help would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a little look at the car before I had to work away for a while but still haven't managed to get it on pp. before I left the fault cleared itself and the juddering returned, though far less severe. Its still doing it sometimes but the engine management light has never come back on. I've managed to acquire a fault code reader and the only stored fault is P1447 - ELC system closure valve flow fault. I've seen this appear in loads of threads I've looked at, all relating to the DPF but it's always been combined with other fault codes. What does it mean if this fault code appears on its own and are there any checks I can make? I only have a tool kit and a multimeter available to me at the minute.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, I managed to get my faults read on pp2000 tonight and the two faults that were given were:

Engine ECU - Intermittent fault. Turbo pressure regulation turbo pressure measured too low.

Engine ECU - Intermittent fault. Dust filter (FAP) particle filter clogged.

Anybody any suggestions where to go from here?

·
5,886 Posts
Strip and back flush DPF with pressure washer if it's not to clogged you may get away with it.

·
11,780 Posts
Agree with Windy. That clogged DPF is probably causing that other fault too.

Do a parts check on all the bits which do the regen to make sure its working OK, and check additive levels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers for that guys. going to remove the DPF and give it a good clean tomorrow. I've watched a few vids on youtube and read a few threads on here but anyone got any things to look out for or tips to make the job easier?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Job done DPF off, cleaned out and put back on!! Few issues but not too bad a job.

Pleased to say its made a big difference so far and problem seems to be solved. I've been told that I now need to connect to a PP2000 to tell it I've got a new DPF on. Any one know why this is required? it seems to be okay!

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
MAF sensor location

So i've got a 307sw 2.0 16 valve automatic which started hesitating during move off. takes about a couple of seconds to move when the accel. pedal is depressed. a bit of research shows could be my MAF sensor that needs cleaning but i have a problem locating it. any help please. i've attached a picture of my engine compartment.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts