Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I was another person with the over cancelling issue I say was because now the thing doesn't work at all.

The list
  • Limp as a dead fish finger.
  • Horn no longer works
  • Headlights permanently on (this may be due to me nearly pulling the bugger off
    wiggling it)
So off to google I go and it leads me to a heap of people hoarding the comm 200 units. I was ready to buy one but it mentioned it better be the right one as it can "make ECU explosion fire in face"

I also see you can get them from Citreon if you know which one to ask for.

Numbers from sticker. Which bit is the part number and which are the magic numbers from next week roll-over?
345 724 29
96530930xt
4471-LG

Bottom line is I have a grown up ready to fit it for me but before I buy a new comm 2000 unit:
  • Which one do I need?
  • Will the horn come back?
  • Will you still love me tomorrow?
Thanks
D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two out of three aint bad or so the crafty sod Meatloaf would have you believe.

Thanks for extremely sluggish response Holt. The horn has always worked but I can check that if it is still faulty.

I notice most of the pics do not have the stereo stalks attached is this because they are seperate and thus reused?

·
Registered
402 Posts
The radio and cruise control stalks are seperate and can be removed by pressing a little locking pawl at the back of the comm 2000 unit. don't use anything else than your fingernail, if you press it too much you might break the pawl. I took mine apart and stretched the spring in the indicator stalk, your problem with headlights sounds like indicator stalk not properly in place.

Holt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good shout about the stereo buttons there thanks for that but the lights twisty thing sort of broke off so it is definitely broken. I'm pretty sure I made it worse so I need to replace the unit.

Is there a peugeotforum friendly seller or just get the 1st one that pops up on ebay? Trying to keep costs down obviously.

D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Peugeot dealers use another number than the one you found, i will send you my email adress in a pm, and if you send me your vin number i can look it up for you, it might give you the benefit of more seartch opportunities. it wont be until tomorrow, i am in anothe time zone here :lol:

Holt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts