Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously worrying me now!
Peugeot 307 SW 1.4 hdi (O7-plate)
I got another battery from scrap yard on Sat, started fine and was fine yesterday

I ran out of diesel this morning & had to walk to get a 5L canister - filled it and tried to turn engine back on but it didnt do anything but turn over & didn't jump/bump start. Its turning over but wont start engine? Thought I had flooded the engine?

When the door opens with the key in it beeps which apparently means that its not the immobiliser (after thinking that it was?)

The "Economy Mode" is showing on dashboard? But Ive tried to jump it with leads but that hasn't changed anything and the radio doesn't turn on even with the key is in.

Anyone any ideas? Seriously worrying me and my wife needs the car tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Seriously worrying me now!
Peugeot 307 SW 1.4 hdi (O7-plate)
I got another battery from scrap yard on Sat, started fine and was fine yesterday

I ran out of diesel this morning & had to walk to get a 5L canister - filled it and tried to turn engine back on but it didnt do anything but turn over & didn't jump/bump start. Its turning over but wont start engine? Thought I had flooded the engine?

When the door opens with the key in it beeps which apparently means that its not the immobiliser (after thinking that it was?)

The "Economy Mode" is showing on dashboard? But Ive tried to jump it with leads but that hasn't changed anything and the radio doesn't turn on even with the key is in.

Anyone any ideas? Seriously worrying me and my wife needs the car tomorrow?
You need to pump priming bulb under bonnet until it gets hard

·
Registered
90 Posts
As above, diesels wont start with any air in the system. You need to squeeze the bulb until you get all the fuel into the system in order for it to fire.

Its not alike a petrol where it will just fire up, but its not a massive issue so don't flap about it. Especially don't pay a garage a fortune to sort it.

·
11,780 Posts
I've lost the count the number of times I've needed a boost after just changing the fuel filter because of fuel starvation and going into economy mode.

Read up on Economy Mode to understand what it is and why it does it.

Speaking of fuel filters, you'll need to change yours if you've run out of fuel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone ive just remembered that when i came back to the car with the caister the first time the lights & hazard lights were left on so the economy mode has kicked in - BUT when i got in it didnt work?

I have found what i think is the diesel pump which i have tried to keep pumping to get hard but nothing happened?

Anyone any idea what to do with the economy mode?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
you need to prime the fuel!!!!

1.6hdi and 1.4hdi are virtually same engine so have a look at this video, you dont need to change filter so skip to 9mins

1 - 11 of 11 Posts