Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I found them rather easy because under the car there are metal tubes running from the handbrake area which means that you dont need to get as far under the car as you do with other models such as the 306.

A few people have had trouble getting the cables out of these tubes but luckily mine were ok.

The bit where they go into the rear calipers can be a pain but a hammer and chisel seems to get them out/in pretty well.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nope didn't have to touch the exhaust, that was what I liked about the design, finally something well designed on the 307.

My cables came out really easy which was surprising given the bad condition they were in. Like I say, some have problems getting them out, maybe I was just lucky.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The storage compartment at the rear of the centre console needs to come out. I broke mine and cannot remember how they're meant to come out but if that happens then a trip to scrapper and you can get a replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did mine saturday just gone, was really easy to remove the old one (mine had broken at the caliper) so I just removed the old one from the adjuster (after removing the plastic centre console area), then got under, I didnt realise you can remove the metal tubes that the cable goes through till my new cable got stuck halfway in... It took me about 2 hours, but if the cable hadnt of got stuck etc, I think its a half hour to an hour job, jacked up in the air laying on your back...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts