Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 307 SW 2.0 HDI xsi 135

I finally got round to having a go at fixing my clutch which has been squealing a wee bit - my first go at a transverse engine.
Having removed clutch pressure plate and friction plate, both in fair condition, I see I have what I assume to be a dual mass flywheel, the centre disc of which appears to be loose and flapping about a bit. I assume it's not supposed to be doing that? I expected some rotary spring resistance somewhere, having searched google re info on DMFs. There also appears to be a fair bit of powdered metal inside the bell housing, so I'm guessing it is stuffed. The release bearing is nadgered anyway , so it's all up for replacement. If my diagnosis is correct, I shall use a solid flywheel conversion kit. I don't want to spend boodles of cash on a new DMF, as the car doesn't have a lot of value - it was a toss up as to whether I just scrapped it, or put the time in on it.
What say you?

·
2,632 Posts
Well done...what ever you choose change the release bearing slide ,,its plastic and can cause squeeks,,( mine was a 1.6hdi so may not apply to yours but have a look anyway),,,,mine did...and I used a solid flywheel kit and had no problems....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts