Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 307 SW SE 2004 and have a issue with the climate control which only seems to affect the air con on hot days, just when you really need it.

Air con checked last summer but apparently no problems, but on hot days it does not operate, in both Eco and air-con mode the temp coming into the car doesn't seem to change.

Some days when it is hot, the system shuts down altogether, no blowers running but control panel still responds, normally turning off the system using the off button and leaving for 5 minutes it will come back on ok

Yesterday, did 4 hours in car with no air con and it worked fine this morning.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I`m having much the same on my 2006 1.6hdi.
Aircon works fine sometimes, then the cold air seems to fizzle out- I can hear the aircon clutch clicking & fans working, but often no cold air. Blower speed tends to vary erratically...any ideas?
I don`t think it is the dreaded flap issue as the cold air is there sometimes (or could it be on the way?)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hmm- when it was 30 degrees outside the aircon just gave out occasional bursts of cold(ish) air, then next day when it was 25 out the aircon was was working nice & cold??

Do we have a faulty sensor or something?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well just had the alternator pack in on me & after replacement the aircon seems to be working much colder now...?
Methinks the aircon issue might have been early signs of the alternator starting to weaken....will have to test on the next proper hot day...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts