Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you wonderful knowledgeable people. I have a problem with central locking on my 2005 307SW 2.0 HDi xsi 136 . I can't lock the car as the artificial intelligence thinks that the tailgate is open, when it is firmly locked and immovable. Also the side mirrors are stuck in the furled position, and won't swing out. The car doors sound like they are trying to lock, then immediately failing. I figure these 2 things are connected, as they both worked perfectly yesterday, so it looks like the car's brain thinks the car is both locked and unlocked at the same time, a bit like Schrodingers cat.
I have tried 2 different keys with the same result. Have also tried with the anti hijack lock button on and off.
Any advice would be extremely useful.
Many thanks in advance
Bob

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Its nothing to do with the key or the locks the rear catch is most likely faulty this leads the BSI to think the boot is open even if its not

The mirrors will work manually from the door switch if you slide it to centre position then pull back and once the boot catch or wiring is sorted everything will work as it should.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its nothing to do with the key or the locks the rear catch is most likely faulty this leads the BSI to think the boot is open even if its not

The mirrors will work manually from the door switch if you slide it to centre position then pull back and once the boot catch or wiring is sorted everything will work as it should.
Well - swipe me with a wet lettuce! After pfaffing about in the rain this afternoon trying to sort this - I went outside just now to find that all was back to normal!! I was wondering how I was going to get the boot open to sort the lock, but it now works again. I will investigate the lock in daylight tomorrow.
Thank you for the tip about the mirrors in manual mode - I didn't know about that. They've always worked on auto since I've had the car, so it never occurred to me that there was another way. I thought the switch was just for adjustment.
Many thanks again.
Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts