Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know length and the end fittings for the two front to rear brake pipes on a 307 SW.

Just had my MOT and advisory on slight corrosion so looking to change them sooner rather than later.

Cannot find them listed anywhere (other the Peugeot originals at £129 each :eek: ).

Local factors say they can copy originals but i would prefer to have the new pipes ready to fit before removing original in case it goes pear shaped after removing them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know length and the end fittings for the two front to rear brake pipes on a 307 SW.

Just had my MOT and advisory on slight corrosion so looking to change them sooner rather than later.

Cannot find them listed anywhere (other the Peugeot originals at £129 each :eek: ).

Local factors say they can copy originals but i would prefer to have the new pipes ready to fit before removing original in case it goes pear shaped after removing them
Why not buy a flaring kit and some copper hose, and make your own ?
You'd be able to buy the Flaring kit, copper pipe and fittings for about £30
You'd be able to make your own up in about 15 minutes.
Just remember to make the pipes a little bit longer than the original, as even with a bending tool its hard to replicate the originals exactly.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

you could always make them your self
Pipe Flaring Tool Kit Brake Tube Mechanics Plumbers Set 22132 GO NEXTDAY £3.99 | eBay

3/16" X 25 FT SOFT 22G COPPER BRAKE PIPE +20 NUTS | eBay

·
Registered
93 Posts
If I was going to make my own, I'd go to the wreckers and purchase a set. That way you can pre-bend everything and make sure you have the correct fittings.

Personally, if I wasn't prepared to buy new, I'd just buy from a fresh wreck.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
If I was going to make my own, I'd go to the wreckers and purchase a set. That way you can pre-bend everything and make sure you have the correct fittings.

Personally, if I wasn't prepared to buy new, I'd just buy from a fresh wreck.
why bother doing that its flexi copper and just bends to where you want it also you can reuse the ends if you don't bugger them taking them off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts