Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so to summarise , I now have a clutch and an engine that has a very good chance of accepting a re map without thrashing itself to pieces. Unfortunately what they were going to be installed into leaves a little to be desired, regarding the previous post on corrosion. I therefore decided to look round for some panels to weld into my original purchase.
Boot floors seemed to be available at reasonable cost, however cills, which I had expected to be an easy find are thin on the ground and expensive. Looks like it’s a fairly rare French bird that needs new cills. I therefore decided to look elsewhere for a number of floor panels, potentially all joined together!!
Inspecting a couple of blown engine offerings, somewhat younger than my 2004, the rust bug appeared again with the same degree of infection, so I passed a number over as I did not appear to enhance the situation.
Then at a salvage yard I found a really good floor pan attached to some cills….well couldn’t resist the opportunity of missing out on a load of upside down welding could I!!
Detailed inspection of the new acquisition showed that each of the spot welds had started to rust under the car, so a clean up was due, rather than surgical removal

Attachments

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
Sills are not available easily because the cars dont rot enough to ever need them !!

£2000 will buy you a brand new bodyshell from peugeot that would sort the rot you think it has for another 15-20 years if you prep it well :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts