Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

There are a few similar threads on related subjects, but I haven't found the answer yet....

Peugeot 307SW (110 SE) with the standard head unit and changer sat underneath. Trying to figure how to "turn on" the aux input. The head unit has the aux plug on the back, all good. I have the appropriate cable. I also have PP2000.

Soo.... I admit that I am no professional, but I can't find a way to activate the aux. Everything else works fine, and the changer & head unit show up on the ecu lists (in PP2000), but they aren't configurable. There doesn't appear to be anything else I can switch on?

I must be missing something really basic?

#annoying! Someone must be able to point out my stupidity?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, chaps.

Ok, yep. I can find RD4. Then the only option I have is to press f5, into configuration. Then the screen simply say "no parameter to be configured".

?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If you arrow down until RD4 is highlighted then press enter it should take you into the options - from there you go into configuration then manual configuration. Everything you can change will be in there.

F5 is the key to write changes to the ECU - it will say no parameter to be configured because you haven't changed anything yet. Once you have changed a parameter pressing F5 will write the change and eventually tell you if it succeeded or failed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, again. I appreciate the time your giving me?

Following your instructions.... found RD4 on the list. Press enter, takes me to a screen which shows only two options - 'Present' or 'Absent'. That's all I have, no other options to play with.

Attached a screen shot, not sure how it will look on a proper screen (apols, writing this on my iPhone).

J.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your in the wrong menu

You need to go into radio menu its in there you can alter things

driver information or inform the driver then radio then configure inputs

Even though its a cd player its still a radio cd menu is for multichangers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Confused! I admire your patience so far?

Step by step, as per menus I have. Screen shots shown as well so you can see what I'm looking at:
- (Pick 307 to start with)
- ECU configuration and services (no screen shot)
- Test by ECU (no screen shot)
- Built in systems interface
- Click enter on the next message
- Configuration
- Enter
- Customer options
- ?

Not convinced that this list sounds right.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Your not going into the BSI after test by ecu you pick inform the driver or driver information something like that the wording varies with versions

You then go into radio then configuration of inputs

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Right at the beginning, choose global scan rather than test by ecu. This will bring up a list of all the ecu's in the car. Scroll through that list of ecu's till you find the RD4 or radio ecu. Enter that by pressing enter with it highlighted then choose configure then manual configuration. The aux inputs will be somewhere in there.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
That will work but going direct is quicker i do it almost daily to code radios so im not waiting for a global scan every time especially when my BSI is on the bench so its not even fitted in a car :)

pick car
Ecu configuration
Test by ecu
Driver information/inform driver
Radio
Configure inputs is on a screen with 3 options usually but as i say the exact route depends on car AND version of planet used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you gents, sorted.

The route I took (again I will apologise at this point, I am no pro and this is my first venture into anything non-mechanical on a car):
- select car (307)
- select between "Diagbox" or "PP2000" (picked diagbox)
- from this point on really blindingly obvious and easy. There's loads of stuff in there!

I realise that going ahead and buying a copy of this software was a bit of a stretch for someone who has never used it before, especially as it doesn't come with an idiots guide. I actually bought the software (Lexis) to get amongst my wife's Citroen EGS gearbox - I haven't found anyone who will touch it and I don't like to be defeated. The fact that I can tweak my Peugeot is a bit of a bonus, even better now I've had some success!

Really appreciate your help guys, thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
anyone local to Bradford that could do this for m on a partner rd4 radio, tried messaging a couple of member's but not got this resolved yet.

Thanks in advance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts