Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I experienced this fault three weeks ago when on the motorway being two hours into a journey the fault flashed up and the car went into limp mode, or rather loss of acceleration but still cruised along at 70 mph. The next day it drove perfectly but the alert still flashes up whenever I start the car. I have tried:

50 mph in third gear every day back and forth to work
Redex pollution filter fuel additive
Cleaning the fuel cap magnets
Resetting alarms on car (only managed the service alert)

Is there something else I can do without taking it to the dealer? I'm thinking of getting rid of it in the new year but I want to get it sorted although not sure it will pass the MOT by then because of this. I've read about the additive that tops up after removing the cap and I'm not sure if it is this but I can hear a rhythmic clicking below the car now after removing the key if it is very quiet.

Any help will be appreciated!

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get someone to read your fault codes, you don't need to go into the dealers for that..

Once you get the your fault codes, post them here and maybe someone can help. Good luck!

What engine do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a 1.6 110bhp. It did this last year on the motorway but cleared the following day. I will try a local garage in Gloucester who read a fault with the air conditioning using a snap on console and post the results, cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diesel. I've also started to see oil spots on the driveway so not sure if this is related. I can't see where the leak is coming from.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
"anti-pollution fault" and its many variations is a generic error message that is brought up for dozens of different and unrelated problems.

You have to get the fault codes read -- ideally with pp2k -- in order to find out what the car thinks the problem is. Until we know what the computer says we are all just guessing.

(It is a common misconception that thrashing the car will clear the particle filter. In order to burn soot off the particle filter the exhaust temperature must be raised to over 400 degrees and this simply doesn't happen during normal driving.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, the car went into limp mode going across the Suspension Bridge so it had had a good run up to then. It's back to normal now but the alert still greets me everytime I start her up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts