Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Wondering if it is a 307 sw issue as this is the second one ive had with exactly the same problem. When i accelerate and the turbo kicks in, the usual turbo noise winding up is heard and there is a bit of boost but it also hisses or wooshes too. I have checked all hoses around the turbo that i can see and air intake and intercooler hoses, no splits or holes or oil mist and all hose clips are tight. There is very little play in the turbo vanes and all seem in good condition. Not checked the rear of the turbo as its right at the back of the engine and cant get to it. There are no fault codes on the car so i`m at a loss, seems to be a bit low on power too and fuel consumption is slightly higher than it should be (approx 35mpg). Just recently serviced and changed turbo boost solenoid, map sensor, maf sensor and cleaned EGR with wynns egr cleaner. Thought maybe the turbo wastegate may be sticking but how would i check this or get to it as the turbo is in a right awkward position?
Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, or any info or diagrams on how to get to rear turbo hoses.
Many thanx,
John:confused:

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi all,
Wondering if it is a 307 sw issue as this is the second one ive had with exactly the same problem. When i accelerate and the turbo kicks in, the usual turbo noise winding up is heard and there is a bit of boost but it also hisses or wooshes too. I have checked all hoses around the turbo that i can see and air intake and intercooler hoses, no splits or holes or oil mist and all hose clips are tight. There is very little play in the turbo vanes and all seem in good condition. Not checked the rear of the turbo as its right at the back of the engine and cant get to it. There are no fault codes on the car so i`m at a loss, seems to be a bit low on power too and fuel consumption is slightly higher than it should be (approx 35mpg). Just recently serviced and changed turbo boost solenoid, map sensor, maf sensor and cleaned EGR with wynns egr cleaner. Thought maybe the turbo wastegate may be sticking but how would i check this or get to it as the turbo is in a right awkward position?
Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, or any info or diagrams on how to get to rear turbo hoses.
Many thanx,
John:confused:
mate i have exactly the same car and i get all the same shit. hissy turbo, lack of power, crap fuel economy. The only difference is i know i need a new maf as thats the code i get from planet. If its any consolation you actually get 2-4 mpg more than i do around town..and mines not a sw..just a load of old rubbish....When we read about 50-60 mpg on these peugeots i think that only applies to the 16v versions which are the newer engines. I personally am in the middle of defapping mine. well i say im in the middle, that good fellow scotcruz has done the map for me...just gotta get round to ripping the exhaust to pieces.....i think after ive done the fap im gonna go down the remap for power and economy route. meant to be cheap enough. Dont think this will help but for the record, i actually hate my car....worse £2600 i ever spent....wish i didn't. but now im stuck with it till november after paying £2971 in insurance to drive the god awful thing. Also, no i cant change it as the insurance company refuse to let me....bad times, but my license is clean in 2013 so i can drive what i like. Sorry for rambling just thought id give you the heads up i never got.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
same

have same issue, mine came about with a little hose coming off no.8 intake hose, right bugger to get at, the mechanic said he's looked all over no more issues but he said there a sound of a boost leak and he said the diagnostic said it was ok boost wise a little on the low side, but i can hear it like a permenant dump valve kinda wooshing on acceleration, its actually really annoying.

plus cars now in limp mode and anti pollution fault to top things off.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
to me it sounds like your wastgate solenoid is only part working, check your clamps on the turbo on the rear of the engine also check for oily pipe as this could be split pipe on the hose! getting to the turbo is easy for checking see below :thumb:

check your turbo, jack the drivers side up, remove the wheel then the wheel arch, you should see the turbo up the back and there is a 8mm bolt on the turbo intake side that comes from the top of the intake down to the turbo remove the bolt and remove the plastic duct and have a look at the shaft and make sure its not broke and spin it make sure is not rubbing on the sides, if it is then i would say the turbo is shot,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts