Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a common problem on the 307, but I just can't seem to cure it on mine.

I have a 2003 307 HDi 110, DTurbo.

Every so often I get a loud clunk from somewhere in the suspension both sides.

So far the top suspension mounts have been changed twice, anti roll bar clamps and bolts changed, shock absorbers adjusted and the anti roll bar itself adjusted.

The problem gets worse in the wet, and for a day or two after it's been raining.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing it and how to cure it once and for all???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Andy, do you feel a slight vibration under the cars platform, if so I think we should talk, there is a slight recall in the pipeline for these affected HDI Peugeots. I know what the sound could be, but I'm just about the have it fully inspected by an independent party.

·
Registered
256 Posts
To let the foum know Peugeot currenty have a suspension glithc in the 307, mine is being stripped on tuesday to find the source of the rattle and the noise, hopefully it is fixed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Heat shields off centre and not suspension as first diagnosed by me and the peugeot support, as for my underfloor vibration, the pirelli tyre are notorious for this and they will be changed buy peugeot because they are crap !!!!!!

They spoil the ride of a perfectly effective car.:nod:

·
Registered
862 Posts
johnc said:
Heat shields off centre and not suspension as first diagnosed by me and the peugeot support, as for my underfloor vibration, the pirelli tyre are notorious for this and they will be changed buy peugeot because they are crap !!!!!!

They spoil the ride of a perfectly effective car.:nod:

Thanks for the updates. Good to see someone else on the forum making an effort. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar clunk noises coming from mine. I replaced the anti roll bar down links (i think they are called that) easy job just 2 nuts on each. If you do replace be sure to buy new nuts as its recommended not to use the old ones.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Knocking sound

I may have a similar problem but i'm not to sure.
When I break (relatively gently) during the last 10mph before stopping I often get a loud banging noise coming from the front end of the car. I can feel the bang on the break pedal but the breaking doesn't seem to be affected. It isn't a rapid banging or anything like that. I have known it to start doing it under breaking after having gone over a bump.

It has been into the garage more times than i can remember, its had the pads and disks changed, breaking system fully inspected, sub-frame tighten, but peugeot still cant seem to find whats causing it. If anyone else has had this or know what it may be, please please let me know as I do like this car but is really letting it down and i want it sorted!!!
Cheers
Graeme

·
Registered
256 Posts
As it is now freezing in Australian my car is as quiet as a mouse, so it definately was the heat shields, there is no suspension fault as once thought, although the vibration under my feet seems to be getting less dominant as the car settles in. With all noises, it is the heat shields, I jacked up my vehicle and had a look at it before peugeot took it and found the source of the noise. Try taking the heat shields off and replacing them after the car cools down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
unfortunately the banging happens regardless of whether its hot/cold , wet/dry.

it sounds as if something is slapping against something else. the garage say they have check 'everything' but its theoretically perfectly good!
AAARRRRGGHHH
G

·
Registered
256 Posts
What about the drive shaft, never really investigated this, but there is a casing around that can come loose, jack up your car and have a look for yourself, my suggestion pay a service station 15 dollars to allow you to use there hoist for ten minutes and check the components, don't rely on the service technicians, it's not there car so they technically don't really known what is going on.

I might sound bitter but I've been down this road with other cars and have since learnt that self diagnosis is always better than hear say..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts