Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could use some advise here please.

Two weeks ago lost all power from turbo, no boost and got antipolution warning and eml on dashboard,i tired disconnecting the air flow sensor and still no change, took it to the local peugeot garage who told me it needed a new egr valve and battery.. ok fair enough.

Got the car back shortly after and after driving it off the forecourt £700 lighter on the wallet it started to surge on light load (quite violently in 1st and 2nd when cold) but put foot down and whoosh away you go.I could also hear a faint strange noise eveytime it surged.
Now if i disconnect the air flow sensor no surging at all.

Took it back to peugeot for them to check for split/disconnected hose and they tell me it now needs a new repeat sensor for the turbo at 9 hours labour + new turbo (not happy now).
The surging only started after i got the egr valve replaced..so whats the deal on this ?are they having me on for a new turbo or what ?

Can a failing egr mask turbo repeat error or have these 2 faults suddenly developed at the same time ?

Its an 04 plate 2.0 hdi 136 with 107k on the clock.

Many thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi, could use some advise here please.

Two weeks ago lost all power from turbo, no boost and got antipolution warning and eml on dashboard,i tired disconnecting the air flow sensor and still no change, took it to the local peugeot garage who told me it needed a new egr valve and battery.. ok fair enough.

Got the car back shortly after and after driving it off the forecourt £700 lighter on the wallet it started to surge on light load (quite violently in 1st and 2nd when cold) but put foot down and whoosh away you go.I could also hear a faint strange noise eveytime it surged.
Now if i disconnect the air flow sensor no surging at all.

Took it back to peugeot for them to check for split/disconnected hose and they tell me it now needs a new repeat sensor for the turbo at 9 hours labour + new turbo (not happy now).
The surging only started after i got the egr valve replaced..so whats the deal on this ?are they having me on for a new turbo or what ?

Can a failing egr mask turbo repeat error or have these 2 faults suddenly developed at the same time ?

Its an 04 plate 2.0 hdi 136 with 107k on the clock.

Many thanks
I solved the surging in my 307 1.6hdi by pressure washing my DPF. Runs smooth, better acceleration and even better MPG:thumb: :D best thing I've done

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I solved the surging in my 307 1.6hdi by pressure washing my DPF. Runs smooth, better acceleration and even better MPG:thumb: :D best thing I've done
Thanks for the reply,i'm pretty sure i had a reconditioned dpf put in when i had the diesel additive topped up at the begining of the year,will have to check.
Funny you mention better mpg, i forgot to add that mine is down on mpg by about 10 -15mpg less than normal..thats with a new egr valve,i dont know alot about cars but that does not seem right to me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the reply,i'm pretty sure i had a reconditioned dpf put in when i had the diesel additive topped up at the begining of the year,will have to check.
Funny you mention better mpg, i forgot to add that mine is down on mpg by about 10 -15mpg less than normal..thats with a new egr valve,i dont know alot about cars but that does not seem right to me.
Try giving it a good blast down the motorway. keep the revs up to regenerate:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reconditioned DPF ???? Thats a cheap skate trick !!!Almost as bad as buying reconditioned toilet paper ???
That's what the guy at the 'main' peugeot garage in my area suggested,i'm not that clued up with cars as it is so who am i to know :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This surging/juddering is really annoying!

If i take the MAF off the car runs fine but is it possible there could still be a fault with the turbo repeat sensor ? (if that what the problem really is).

I am going to take advice from above and kane it down the A3 tomorow for a few miles 70mph in 3rd/4th should be high enough revs i hope ?

Really dont want to go down the road of a getting a new turbo if there is nothing wrong with the one i have got.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This surging/juddering is really annoying!

If i take the MAF off the car runs fine but is it possible there could still be a fault with the turbo repeat sensor ? (if that what the problem really is).

I am going to take advice from above and kane it down the A3 tomorow for a few miles 70mph in 3rd/4th should be high enough revs i hope ?

Really dont want to go down the road of a getting a new turbo if there is nothing wrong with the one i have got.
If you floor it does it pull fine or do you notice any loss of power? Keep the revs around 3k should be enough.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you floor it does it pull fine or do you notice any loss of power? Keep the revs around 3k should be enough.
If i floor it,it pulls really well maybe slightly less than before but it feels a bit lumpy or less smooth than before.If that makes sense.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
20 miles round trip to work (no motorway) in fact i hardly ever use the motorway but if i do its 6th gear at ~70.
So if my problem is a blocked dpf why has this surging only started since i got an egr replaced ?.The guy at peugeot said the old egr was caked in gunk.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just gave it a good thrashing for 20 or so miles 70(and a bit ;) )in 4th was doing about 3.5 k revs.And she still wanted to pull and do more !

Not a single surge/judder when i got off the motorway all the way home (4 miles ish)

Drinud you could be my savior here ! i'm gonna let the car cool down and go back out later to see what its like

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just gave it a good thrashing for 20 or so miles 70(and a bit ;) )in 4th was doing about 3.5 k revs.And she still wanted to pull and do more !

Not a single surge/judder when i got off the motorway all the way home (4 miles ish)

Drinud you could be my savior here ! i'm gonna let the car cool down and go back out later to see what its like
Cheers :D my pleasure! Best of luck that all stays well:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So took the car out again and sadly car is back to the jerking like before..grr :mad:
Guess i'll have to disconnect the MAF and drive it untill the garage can fit me in next week,cant drive it like it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now i have another problem :mad:
The display picture is telling me that the front passenger door is open when its not.. interior light flashing when driving is not cool.

Also the car wont lock it just beeps at me 9/10 times,when it does lock the alarm goes off about 20 seconds later.If i try to lock manually only the drivers door locks.

Does anyone know whats causing this,its only happened since i picked the car up from a different garage (2nd opinion on original problems),i'm guessing they have disturbed somthing while looking at the car ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts