Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Puggites....this is my first posting on this forum :^)

I have a problem that maybe some of you can diagnose for me.
Yesterday the drivers window started misbehaving by not closing properly....by that i mean, the window will operate normally up and down but when it closes, it immediately goes back down about 100mm (4") and stays there.
I can press the button to make it close then it repaeats the cycle of lowering that 100mm....this is getting very frustrating.

I checked the battery voltage which was only 12.45 volts, so took it out to clean up and recharge.

The car is an '03 model which has covered 108,000klm and the battery is original sealed unit which has done a great job.

I am wondering if the voltage being low is causing any problem??

Your help will be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
you will probably find that the window regulators are at a fault, because as far as i am aware, car power never exceeds 12v DC from the battery, so the feed seems fine.

now the fault may not be as far as replacing them but rather calibrating them, as i think for safety, when something is stopping the window when closing they drop about that much, so when it hits the top it thinks something is stuck and drops.

hope this helps:thumb:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
1,760 Posts
Try a bit of silicone spray inbetween the rubbers to smooth it out a bit. To reset the windows, with the ignition on put the window down fully, release and then push down and hold the switch for 10 seconds. Put the window fully up again, release and then hold up again for 10 seconds. If it doesn't work first time try again a couple of times. Hope it works!:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stevoxsi said:
Try a bit of silicone spray inbetween the rubbers to smooth it out a bit. To reset the windows, with the ignition on put the window down fully, release and then push down and hold the switch for 10 seconds. Put the window fully up again, release and then hold up again for 10 seconds. If it doesn't work first time try again a couple of times. Hope it works!:thumb:
Thanks very much for your reply and i will give that a try :^)
Have already cleaned and lubed the rubber seal/runners.
Will give the 10 second bit a go and will report back if it works and my wife will be very grateful.

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And thanks to everybody else who replied along similar lines....I'll let the forum know of my findings.
I have the car booked in at the dealers 160klm away to have the rear wiper motor replaced and will mention about re calibrating the windows.

I have been reading through the various posts and topics and therte seems
to be an awful lot of un reliablity among 307 owners.
We have had our fare share but not too bad over an eight year period.

I'll list them later to see how many form a common pattern.

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,733 Posts
Peppipug said:
And thanks to everybody else who replied along similar lines....I'll let the forum know of my findings.
I have the car booked in at the dealers 160klm away to have the rear wiper motor replaced and will mention about re calibrating the windows.

I have been reading through the various posts and topics and therte seems
to be an awful lot of un reliablity among 307 owners.
We have had our fare share but not too bad over an eight year period.

I'll list them later to see how many form a common pattern.

Cheers,
Peppipug
Thats only because you come looking when theres a problem ,if your cars fine you have no need to search out these forums , i would say there a hell of a lot more 307/pugs with no problems on the roads, i myself am driving a 1.4hdi 2002 307 with 237,000 miles not many cars on the road with that mileage.

good luck with yours.:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
307 Strange window happenings

**** Thats only because you come looking when theres a problem ,if your cars fine you have no need to search out these forums , i would say there a hell of a lot more 307/pugs with no problems on the roads, i myself am driving a 1.4hdi 2002 307 with 237,000 miles not many cars on the road with that mileage.

good luck with yours. ***

You are probably right :^)
But I also believe that this is not what forums are restricted to...there is always trhe good side as well.
At nearly eight years ownership from new we are verry happy with the car.
My wife is the principal driver.
I myself drive a 1998 XJ8 Jaguar 4.0 litre Sovereign which I have owned for four years and do all my own service work as well as on the Pug but there arec just some things you can't do without some information.

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cck2k9 said:
you will probably find that the window regulators are at a fault, because as far as i am aware, car power never exceeds 12v DC from the battery, so the feed seems fine.

now the fault may not be as far as replacing them but rather calibrating them, as i think for safety, when something is stopping the window when closing they drop about that much, so when it hits the top it thinks something is stuck and drops.

hope this helps:thumb:
Well John, I think that voltage is too low.
I have rechecked the voltage this afternoon (Sat.22) and it reads 12.34 volts which is way too low.
A good battery should maintain at least 12.6 or more and i am even more convinced that the low battery state is contributing to the present situation.

I have tried the methods suggested with no success I'm afraid.
i have lowered and raised the window at least five times and holding the button for 10 seconds which is fine for the lowered position but cannot be achieved in the raised position because as soon as it reaches it's upper position, it immediately drops that 100mm irrespective if one holds the button for the required time.
As I stated before, i have cleaned, checked and lubricated the channels to no effect.

At the moment, the battery is on my automatic charger an I will see if the tricks will work on a fully charged battery....otherwise, it will be another problem for the service dept. to look at ;^)

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bettyswollocks said:
Thats only because you come looking when theres a problem ,if your cars fine you have no need to search out these forums , i would say there a hell of a lot more 307/pugs with no problems on the roads, i myself am driving a 1.4hdi 2002 307 with 237,000 miles not many cars on the road with that mileage.

good luck with yours.:thumb:
Hello betty,
i would expect that sort of mileage from a diesel (382,000klm)....especially if it's a taxi, it's kept warm all the time.
My wife's pug is used to short stop start journeys as she is a Theatre Sister at the local regional hospital.
This is why i always change the oil at 5,000klm intervals and change filter at 10,000klm.

Regards window situation, still no luck.
I havce managed to jerk it shut for the moment so I can wash the car before taking to service dept.
These guys must get sick and tired of working on filthy cars, so it's nice to present the car to them as clean as possible.
have taken battery off charger and it was reading only 12.7 volts whenit should be reading around 13.6 volts.
Did a drain test by turning on ignition, rear window and headlights high for 30 seconds and then switch everything off and let it sit for an hour.
I have now got a reading of 12.45 volts so i am even more convinced that the battery wil require replacement.

Cheers,
Peppipug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
Peppipug said:
Well John, I think that voltage is too low.
I have rechecked the voltage this afternoon (Sat.22) and it reads 12.34 volts which is way too low.
A good battery should maintain at least 12.6 or more and i am even more convinced that the low battery state is contributing to the present situation.
Thanks for keeping us updated :thumb: tbh i wouldnt of thought a drop of around 0.24V, would make much of a difference since that is even less than what a AA battery pushes out :confused: especially if you havent got things that power drain, such as a sound system and amp haha.

but oh well, everyday is a school day :D

keep us posted :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cck2k9 said:
Thanks for keeping us updated :thumb: tbh i wouldnt of thought a drop of around 0.24V, would make much of a difference since that is even less than what a AA battery pushes out :confused: especially if you havent got things that power drain, such as a sound system and amp haha.

but oh well, everyday is a school day :D

keep us posted :thumb:
Well, according to the battery experts it can be quite a lot, especially if all battery cells are not pulling their wieght :^)

BTW...how so you get the emoticons to be positioned where you want them at the end of sentences??

Cheers,
Pepipig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,506 Posts
oh right, fair enough lad :thumb:

if you know the words to do it they go on. you can also get them by clicking quote or post reply on the thread. they can be selected there :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
307 strange window happenings....UPDATE

Peppipug said:
Greetings fellow Puggites

I have a problem that maybe some of you can diagnose for me.
Yesterday the drivers window started misbehaving by not closing properly....by that i mean, the window will operate normally up and down but when it closes, it immediately goes back down about 100mm (4") and stays there......>>>>>>>>


Greetings everybody, I thought it time to give you an update as to what was the outcome with the window situation.
I took car up to dealer on Monday and they found it to be a recalibration problem.
This was fixed by removing door inner, window drive motor and recalibrating on PC....lubricate eveything and put it all back together and it's good as new :^))

Dozy pillocks in the spares dept. forgot to order the special rivets required to mount the new rear window wiper motor, so that will have to wait for next trip..

Cheers,
Peppipug
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top