Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My first post - looks like lots of knowledgable people out there, so thought I'd ask my own question!

Have just purchased a 307 SW (with Blaupunkt Multichanger) and noticed that the CD sound seems shrill to me. On the radio, the sound is ok (which is what I listened to on the test drive!), so am not sure which part is causing the problem. I've even turned the bass up and treble down but doesn't really help.

So my question is - which part of the system (headunit, speakers etc) is the main problem and what do I replace with. I'd also like to add an external input so I can connect my MP3 player (not bothered about being able to control from the audio stalk).

Any help/advice appreciated

Peter :)

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Have you the loudness correction on for the cd player? Might help a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stevoxsi,

That's helped a bit.

Re the MP3 player, I've found the connector on ebay that sits in place of the multichanger. How easy it this to put in (for a complete beginner) and is there a guide to doing it somewhere? Where does the aux socket sit - in the glovebox?

Cheers
Peter :)

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Never done it myself but my mate did it on his Octavia. He said it was just plug in and away you go! He put the plug for his ipod in the cubbyhole bottom right of the steering wheel which 307s also have. The other option would be chuck the cd changer and fit the slot the lower models have to fill the gap. Hey presto, space for mp3!:thumb:
The only issue you would really have is getting the head unit out to get at the plug on the back. You should find the tools on flea bay or try using some small nails to 'unlock it'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts