Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 307 hdi and i am getting a steering judder at around 70mph onwards, i have had the garage check it out and i have had new tyres and had them balnced but still the judder is present.

Has anyone come across this problem and been able to solve it cause this is now driving me up the wall......................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Judder problems!

Hi there,

I would be 90% sure it will be a problem with your disks, they might be warpped due to a fault, wear or they can disfigure during extreame heat i.e very heavey breaking.

I have had this problem on others cars I have owned and swapping the front disks along with the pads and solved the problem.

All the best,

Matt Booth. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for reply but i have also had this problem and disk and pads have been changed about two months ago, but wouln't this type of steering judder only show up under breaking not while cruising.:thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
steering judder

Hi

Had a 307 hdi 110. Got this problem which went on for ages.
Had wheels balanced by 3 seperate garages and made no difference.
Took car to dealership and they said that the tyres were mis-shapen. replaced both tyres and had thembalanced by dealer and presto!! problem resolved. Can be a combination of things to be honest, but even some new tyres can be out of shape when purchased.

Cost about ?30+ to get dealer to balance them but it was well worth the money to be able to sit on motorway at 70+ without the whole car vibrating and the wheel shaking in my hand.

tyger

·
Registered
3 Posts
glad to see it wasent just my 307 but i can live with it for now if it looks like its just tyres as i will be replacing my steelies with OEM alloys when the yorkshireman in me is satisfied he has had his moneysworth out out the tread on them

·
Registered
1 Posts
wobbly wheels

:nod: I had a similar problem on an old Astra. All 5 wheels had to be replaced because they were buckled. Sorry to be so depressing, but many had tried and nobody had been able to solve the problem until one INTELLIGENT tyre fitter whom I had visited before actually thought about the problem. Steel wheels were thankfully much cheaper than alloys. Blame local councils for non existent road maintenance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts