Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

My LX 307 has steel wheels... I am assuming that if I buy alloys (OEM) I will need new nuts ( or are they bolts?) as the seat will be different?

Thanks

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea...knowing my local yard, they will want me to take the car too if I want the nuts...

They even said this morning that they have *never* had a 307 in yet - and they are Edinburgh's biggest yard....

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah for some reason the scrappies round here never get 307's in either, there are only 2 that do, 1 is overpriced but the other is sound

Most my old 306 came from them as well, and parts of other cars in the family (we only ever buy crashed repairables, dont have to worry about resale value or service history then :))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean with spacers etc (ie physically)

Or do you have to change something in the bsi/ecu, surely you dont have to tell the car what size wheels it has? and if so what benefit would that even give?

:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm this has got me thinking now, surely regardless of wheelsize the centre hubs would be rotating at the correct speeds anyway (i assume its somewhere around this area the speed is calculated) and this is also where the abs sensors are?

Gonna have to google about and make sure, will steer clear of speed cameras till i know for sure!!

:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just some info on the speedo accuracy issue incase anyone else is thinking of upsizing...

"Changing the wheels on a car is something many people do, for many different reasons. Besides the obvious 'it looks better' reason, better handling is the primary reason.

Given that you have 14" wheels on it already, there is a 'technique' known as 'plus sizing' that works well. Let's say you have 14" wheels and your tires are 195-60/14. 'Plus 1' sizing means you will increase the rim diameter from 14 to 15 inches. You will then decrease the aspect ratio of the tire accordingly. In this case, you will replace your 195-60/14 tires with 195-50/15 tires. What this basically means is that your tire will be (more-or-less) the same circumference and not affect your speedometer that much, but the sidewall will become smaller and the tread (where the tire contact the road) will get wider.

'Plus 2' sizing would mean going up two inches on the rim (from 14 to 16) and down two on the tire aspect ratio: from 60 to 40.
Usually, though, when you go 'plus 2', you will have to change the cross-section (the 195 part) down one size as well, from 195 to 185.
This is kind of like how you see people taking 16" wheels off of their truck and putting 20's or 22's on it: the original tire was probably a 70 or 75 (the second number in the tire size) and the new tire is probably a 35, 40 or maybe 50."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another reason to buy a planet :thumb:

hopefully mine wont be too far out so shouldnt make much difference, just take it easy near speed cameras until i've set it :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If i can get 3 others to go in it with me we'll take it!

then we can each have our own 1/4 mile strip.....on the moon :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stubbo said:
.....then we can each have our own 1/4 mile strip.....on the moon :)
Hmmm.. I think my car may need more than a 1/4 Mile strip to reach anything beyond walking speed... perhaps we should settling for a 5 mile stretch?

:p :D

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Stubbo said:
If i can get 3 others to go in it with me we'll take it!

then we can each have our own 1/4 mile strip.....on the moon :)
count me in , always fancied running around in the buff.:chase:

sorry forget that , i misread that one.

:rofl: :rofl:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
bettyswollocks said:
count me in , always fancied running around in the buff.:chase:

sorry forget that , i misread that one.

:rofl: :rofl:
Show off... just because you will need less than 5 miles....

Some people go to Ireland for a stag night... and some remember to go home afterwards...

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
BestGear said:
Hmmm.. I think my car may need more than a 1/4 Mile strip to reach anything beyond walking speed... perhaps we should settling for a 5 mile stretch?

:p :D

watch your speed david , the police have finally got something to catch you-
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door City car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.