Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again people,

Have an issue with the 307 sw 2.0 hdi 110, it starts up then after about 5 seconds just dies.

Plugged into Peugeot Planet and got the below errors, which I believe relate to replacing the glow plugs and or the relay for them, is this correct?

Many thanks

I still hate this car.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hello again people,

Have an issue with the 307 sw 2.0 hdi 110, it starts up then after about 5 seconds just dies.

Plugged into Peugeot Planet and got the below errors, which I believe relate to replacing the glow plugs and or the relay for them, is this correct?

Many thanks

I still hate this car.
unplug relay and see if it does same as it dont need them to start

you need to plug it back in planet and check live data readings for a few things including egr, injectors, fuel pressure, engine speed

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Glow plugs aren't working, so your car isn't regenerating the DPF and clearing it out.

Check the EGR positions on live data on planet, if the valve is open when idling, exhaust gas could be entering the engine and starving it of fresh air.

Could be fuel pressure too. All needs live data to isolate what's happening

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
So my first job replace the glow plugs and see what happens?
You don't seem to be reading the replies or ignoring the replies that don't agree with what you believe is the next step.

You have twice been advised to get the live data readings which is the next step before replacing parts. The fault isn't necessarily the glow plugs.

Every 307 I have diagnosed has shown the glow plug / glow plug relay fault - even on the cars that were regenerating correctly.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The plugs may be ok, the fault code states the relay is stuck.

You can test the relay on planet, look for the actuator tests in the Engine ECU bit, and perform the test.

The glow plugs shouldn't be preventing the car from running, so I'd be tempted to park that for now.

Dig deeper into the cars performance when it's running using the parameter measurements bit on planet. If it's easier, you can use screen recording software to record the live data and post it on here for others to study.

I had a bit of fun not so long back on a 307SW, but it was the 1.6hdi, the EGR had been dismantled and put back together incorrectly. The valve was permanently open, and the car died after about 10 seconds. It was only noticed when the car was plugged into Diagbox and live data was checked. There weren't any fault codes, which was bizarre, but the data told the whole story.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You don't seem to be reading the replies or ignoring the replies that don't agree with what you believe is the next step.

You have twice been advised to get the live data readings which is the next step before replacing parts. The fault isn't necessarily the glow plugs.

Every 307 I have diagnosed has shown the glow plug / glow plug relay fault - even on the cars that were regenerating correctly.
I'm not ignoring it people are saying get running data, which I can't do without being able to keep the car running. Hence why I wanted to know if the glow plugs was the first step.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The plugs may be ok, the fault code states the relay is stuck.

You can test the relay on planet, look for the actuator tests in the Engine ECU bit, and perform the test.

The glow plugs shouldn't be preventing the car from running, so I'd be tempted to park that for now.

Dig deeper into the cars performance when it's running using the parameter measurements bit on planet. If it's easier, you can use screen recording software to record the live data and post it on here for others to study.

I had a bit of fun not so long back on a 307SW, but it was the 1.6hdi, the EGR had been dismantled and put back together incorrectly. The valve was permanently open, and the car died after about 10 seconds. It was only noticed when the car was plugged into Diagbox and live data was checked. There weren't any fault codes, which was bizarre, but the data told the whole story.
Ok now I know I can record the data that's what I will do later on. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I'm not ignoring it people are saying get running data, which I can't do without being able to keep the car running. Hence why I wanted to know if the glow plugs was the first step.
if you get running data of the short time it runs then something will change that cases the engine to cut out so that is why we need the data

live data can even be checked and useful on cars that dont start at all as it still gives readings when cranking

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Yep that's my plan, I don't suppose PP has an data record and export utility built into it?
Nope, which is why using screen-recording software is often used by people with PP2k. There are loads of good free ones. Works for me when I want to run live data and go back indoors and work things out in the warmth :nod:

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
First 6 readings would be enough for us to get an idea of what is going on

Engine speed cam crank sync fuel pressure are the only 3 needed for the engine to go everything else is gravy :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I would have given you the video this morning, but it wont start at all, I suspect the battery is a bit flat as I left the interior light on the other night, but I will post the video of it trying to start just in case.

The battery is on charge now anyway.

·
Registered
14,602 Posts
In all those readings the cranking speed is too low to allow the injectors to open

You said it was running before those readings would have helped more

cam and crank sync yes means timing is fine

fuel pressure is fine

key on key off leave key in ignition open door does car beep to warn you ?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts