Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help shed some light on problem I'm having with my Peugeot 307 1.6L 2001.

Sometimes the car starts with the first turn of the key, sometimes i turn the key and it makes a noise like the car is trying to start but nothing actually happens.

It is completely random, sometimes it can take up to 4-5 turns of the ignition with a bit of gas peddle applied for the engine to kick in and can to start, sometimes first time and other times anywhere between 2-5 tries. Weather doesn't seem to have any impact.

I'm assuming its related to the starter motor but don't know if it could just be a loose connection...or whether the starter motor could be on the way out or what. Car passed its Mot fine 2 weeks ago so guessing it just happened to start fine for the garage when they turned the car on as they didn't mention anything.

any help would be gratefully appreciated,

Jamie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

When you say it makes a sound like it is trying to start do you mean the engine is cranking over, if so it will not be related to the starter motor.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would have the battery checked. I sounds like it could be on the way out and is struggling to hold its full charge.

G

·
0 Posts
Does the car turn over and just not start, or is there a click noise and dimming dashboard lights when you turn the key to start the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts