Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Was hoping some one can help me. I have a 307 1.4lx 02 plate bought this year with a new aftermarket cd unit fitted with the deal rather than the old cassette player. Problem is on a daily basis the speedo drops off and all warning lights come on at any given time. I have had the car in the garage and the diagnosis was the cd unit is interfering with the bsi unit? .To which they want £300 to fit an original stereo back in which i dont want, I have searched on google and found a page for resetting the bsi unit
bba-reman.com
Just wondered if any body has had to do this and if it works?, Im worried i might need to have the keys recoded and so?

Any help appreciated

·
Registered
256 Posts
You have a diseaster on you hands, fit a peugeot CD stereo unit in instead of aftermarket systems. Check my post on Computer explaination ?

I know what you are saying about the peugeot units but the reason why car manufacturers go to great lengths to fit their own stereo's is because research has showed that aftermarket units are absolute rubbish when it comes to reliability, take it from me I used to install a few and all brands work to a commercial budget, cheap and nasty, the car manufactures spend thousands on simple units that are designed to last at least the life of the car.

With peugeot their cars are multiplexed and like I state in the post they will interfere with the vehicles electronics! So OEM is the way to go....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice lads ;)

Only thing now is if i pay peugeot dealer to supply and fit at a cost of £252.05, or i buy one off ebay [eg] and get them or some other garage to fit?

Dont want to cut corners but the latter would only cost around £150 and should do the same job i would think?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted

Had robins and day fit a new cd unit, cost £200 but its working. Stress levels can lower now :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts