Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 307 estate 57 plate it has no spare in cage. Will a equinox alloy the same as the ones on car fit in cage under the car ? There 16 inch

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a steel wheel on my SW. There is no cage just a winch. This can seize up if not maintained.
One for sale on Ebay.

The jack sits in the plastic cover inside the spare wheel and you lower the spare wheel by turning the winch from inside the load area with the wheel brace.
The nut to turn sits under the plastic cover. This has a tab which lifts up.
In the following photo it is on the top-left of the picture. Colour of the plastic matches the trim, so may not be black.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a steel wheel on my SW. There is no cage just a winch. This can seize up if not maintained.
One for sale on Ebay.

The jack sits in the plastic cover inside the spare wheel and you lower the spare wheel by turning the winch from inside the load area with the wheel brace.
The nut to turn sits under the plastic cover. This has a tab which lifts up.
In the following photo it is on the top-left of the picture. Colour of the plastic matches the trim, so may not be black.
Ill double check tomorrow but im sure mines a cage and my jack goes in boot under flap at rear there compartments under floor because mines not a 7 seater its different where feet usually go on sw for 3rd row i have jack and tool compartments instead

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just carry a normal wheel with 4 normal wheel nuts in the boot

it will sort me out until i can get the old one changed anyway
Thats all good if you can spare the space lol im jst going to buy a wheel same as ones on car an try it their 16 inch cnt remrmber what size tyre

P

·
0 Posts
I have SW and got no cage, just the winch design. I don't think they ever did a cage on 307?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Peugeot 307sw 2.0 hdi

Hi I've bought a 307sw and noticed it's without a spare wheel!... I got one delivered of eBay today but struggling to fit it as I'm unsure how or where the
Metal bolt ( as I describe it ) that is fixed to the end of the cable attaches to????

Pls help!!

:mad:

Thanks P

·
Registered
437 Posts
My understanding is that the cable passes through the spare and latches onto the jack box.

I'm still putting mine back together as I got no spare either.

Jack Box

·
Registered
2 Posts
Roky that is great :) thankyou very much..... So I guess the image is the lid of the jack box? As I have everything with the exeption of that....could that be bought separate?

Kind regards P

·
Registered
86 Posts
sorry to jump on this thread, it's to do with the spare wheel... I have a metal spare wheel with a brand new tyre on it. Does anyone know if that tyre fill fit the 16" alloys?

P

·
0 Posts
Hi I've bought a 307sw and noticed it's without a spare wheel!... I got one delivered of eBay today but struggling to fit it as I'm unsure how or where the
Metal bolt ( as I describe it ) that is fixed to the end of the cable attaches to????

Pls help!!

:mad:

Thanks P
Have you got the plastic tool box? On mine the winch cable goes through the wheel and hooks onto the plastic tool box that has the jack inside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts