Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,first time posting here
I recently undone my spare wheel from my 2007 307 HDI Estate and now i can't work out how to put it back.Should there be a cable to lift it back up,as i can't see one.Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,first time posting here
I recently undone my spare wheel from my 2007 307 HDI Estate and now i can't work out how to put it back.Should there be a cable to lift it back up,as i can't see one.Any help would be greatly appreciated
I had all the problems that others had. Stainless cable is ok under stress and it should be kept this way. In other words don't carry on unwinding once the wheel hits the ground. Whilst unwinding pull the wheel out from underneath, if you stop pulling the wheel, then stop unwinding. If you carry on unwinding whilst not keeping tension on the wire it will buckle up and snag in the mechanism. Strip it down and replace the s/s cable with 4 mm starter cord from your garden machine centre, approx 1.5 mtrs will do. Drill the lifting nipple to 4.5mm and tie a figure of eight knot to retain. Remember that the lifting cord is not taking the weight of the spare wheel once the lifting mechanism is locked back into position on the boot floor. Best of luck all you unfortunate 307 owners. Pete Cooper

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Like others my 307sw spare was a real pain. My solution was after struggling getting it back up loads of spray lube was tie it off and i never touched it again. I did however always keep plenty of tread on the tyres

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts