Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know i have just got my 307 HSi S diesel. Reading all these ailments i am beginning to think i made a wrong choice......big time.

I had a 306 for 7 years and done about 50K in it. It returned 50mpg no troublr and was reliable (except when i put pertol in it). I had to have normal things done like track rod ends, brakes but nothing like what i am reading here.

They sound a nightmare with things waiting break, go wrong or blow up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've had 5 307's (3 x 2.0 Hdi 110's, 1 x 1.6 petrol & 1 x 2.0 Hdi Sxi 136)and had big issues with all but 1 of them (1.6 petrol, which we sold because it had no balls), main expence on the others being the particulate filter which needed replacing on 3 of them. Don't know what it is with 307's and god knows I always tell myself to buy a Golf but I still end up with a 307.

If it weren't for the particulate filter I would be a very happy person though, despite having to fork out £1500 on my latest Hdi Xsi. Always look for FSH and check it out thoroughly before you buy and that should cut down on all the unessisary repair costs that could have been avoided, unlike me of course who just bought it because I liked the colour & spec and threw everything else out of the window.

·
Registered
184 Posts
steve m said:
I've had 5 307's (3 x 2.0 Hdi 110's, 1 x 1.6 petrol & 1 x 2.0 Hdi Sxi 136)and had big issues with all but 1 of them (1.6 petrol, which we sold because it had no balls), main expence on the others being the particulate filter which needed replacing on 3 of them. Don't know what it is with 307's and god knows I always tell myself to buy a Golf but I still end up with a 307.

If it weren't for the particulate filter I would be a very happy person though, despite having to fork out £1500 on my latest Hdi Xsi. Always look for FSH and check it out thoroughly before you buy and that should cut down on all the unessisary repair costs that could have been avoided, unlike me of course who just bought it because I liked the colour & spec and threw everything else out of the window.
Had my 307 since October, no major problems. I'm happy with the car and mechanically its pretty sound at the mo

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
steve m said:

Five !!!!, you must really like them :)

To late bought mine, a hasty purchase and on Saturday i had to have one to get to work on Monday. Stupid little t*** wrote my 306 off.

My reason for buying the 307 was both the Focus and Astra were so noisy inside the car. Plus i hate Astra's with a vengence.

G

·
Look after it properly, it'll likely be fine. A lot of the proiblems come from poor maintenance, such as people not dipping in their pocket to replace the bottom pulley when the timing belt is replaced, then they come on here and whine when the pulley fails and damages stuff.

And how many people skimp on spending £100 on having the AA/RAC inspect the car prior to purchase, shop around and buy the cheapest 307 they can find, then come on here to bleat that their car's a pup when it's really their own tightness and ignorance that got them into that situation.

Some of the boys on here have come up with some very good workarounds for some of the common ailments, so there's no reason to think that a carefully purchased, conscientiously maintained 307 shouldn't be sweet. After all, even that nob Clarkson desribed it as "highly respected", and many 307 owners on here would agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts