Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
wifeys 307 has poorly seats (she mentions prevous owner/fat farmers) im inclined to think its her padding meself :)
not comfy at all and as i now drive to work with her (no quiet in the moning now!) i would like something nice to sit on.

so has anyone bought/fitted better seats and if so what did you do about the seat airbag lights?

can they be switched off in bci or blanked or wired to fool the bci?

im fairly certain i can use most of the old seat frame , may need to do some grinding/welding

all help appreciated

roj

p.s the ecu remap is a total must on 90bbhp :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Now mate. Im looking for new seats but will probably get the £100 set off eBay for a newer model that's breaking.

If you look hard enough you'll find ones with airbags too

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
the airbags iirc can be switched off using planet and i have seen phantom airbag devices that you fit to fool the ecu into thinking airbags are present.

another thing to think about is insurance...would you need to inform them?

J

·
0 Posts
the airbags iirc can be switched off using planet and i have seen phantom airbag devices that you fit to fool the ecu into thinking airbags are present.

another thing to think about is insurance...would you need to inform them?
I told mine (swift, who are fannys about anything) and they weren't fussed

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
fair enough, i just mentioned it since its a safety device and some companies have a fanny fit about things like that...especially if its part of the SRS system, you could be comprimising it, but like you say if you get one with airbags, it should be ok.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just read post, my airbag light has been on since i bought the car, 307, took it to independant garage, they said its the control modual under the ashtray bit, 200 quid new or second hand 100 quid but second hand ones can only be fitted by main dealer as they need mapping to suit the car, would the ghost ecu thing you have mentioned in this post solve the issue?? cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
im not too sure i think they just sit on the connections under the seat to make it think there is an airbag circuit there...if that makes sense.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts