Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here but hope someone will be able to help. Have a 2006 307 se with ac. Question we have is as follows. Heater works correctly over full temp and fan speed range, no snags but when the auto switch is selected, the fan then only works at one very low speed regardless of the temperature or difference, that is if the cabin is as hot as poss on hi and we select low with auto on, the fan only works at a very low speed but you can actually feel the cold temp at the vents. We would expect the fan on hi until the cabin temp was reached, is this correct? Or should the fan only work at one speed? Help would be appreciated. Pete

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I'd suspect that the cabin temperature sensor is either clogged up with dust or the sensor has failed. It should be behing the small vents in the dash near to the glove box. You could try brushing the vent with a soft paint brush to see if any dust comes out. Getting it out if necessary should be reasonably simple. I don't have the sensor so don't know from experience but I believe you need to take out the glove box - a few torx screws but be carefull of the light wiring. and it should be within easy reach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks. Can I take it from your answer that the fan should work at variable speed on auto? Reason I ask is that our Peugeot dealer says it should only have the one speed, sounds odd to me. Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts