Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

1. Recently had loss of power issue and the car started sounding like a Subaru - replaced oil filter, spark plugs and coil pack .. problem went away

2. 2 days after coil pack was installed, the car didn't want to start in the morning. It turned over many times, and after an occasional punch of the throttle it burst into life chucking out a petrol smelling white cloud out of the exhaust

3. Randomly .. Slowing down at junctions etc, the clutch goes down and the car literally 'turns off' as if I'd flicked a switch. No electrics, no engine, no warning lights .. it just 'turns off'. Lift the clutch and it bumps itself back into life as if nothing had ever happened.

4. The 'turning off' has become increasingly common when slowing or moving in slow traffic, particularly when the clutch goes down.

5. AA have been round and plugged it in and found no fault codes

6. Taking it to the garage to get a better diagnostic done

I'm thinking it's sensor related, or at worst, fuel pump related.

Could anyone share any advice before the local garage start telling me I have to shell out a tonne of unnecessary dosh?:confused:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
3. Randomly .. Slowing down at junctions etc, the clutch goes down and the car literally 'turns off' as if I'd flicked a switch. No electrics, no engine, no warning lights .. it just 'turns off'.
This quote, just to make certain.. so when the engine cuts, there are NO warning lights on the dash like charge and oil pressure?

If this is the case, you need to check for bad connections. Start off with all ground points you can find [remove, clean, replace] and check all fuses, especially in the engine bay fuse box [again, remove, clean, test, replace]. Check the plugs into the ECU and BSI are clean, corrosion free.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As you say, if there is no lights at all it indicates a full electrical failure.
I would suspect the battery connections or maybe the battery itself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you found the fault yet? After I had the head gasket replaced I am getting 2 fault codes P0011 and P0076 then the engine cuts. The ignition will not turn the starter and I have to wait a good couple of minutes or lock and unlock the doors a couple of times before it would swing again. most of the time the engine would die again within 5 seconds. Can anybody help please?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts