Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a '55' plate 2005 307 S. When I lift the clutch up slowly (with enough revs of course!) to pull away in first gear or when I am reversing into a parking space the clutch feels very juddery. Gear changes up from 2nd through to 5th are fine, but when I change down from 3rd to 2nd, the juddering effect comes back. Are there some reasonably simple checks and adjustments I can make to the clutch, or is it a replacement clutch at the garage time? Cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
There is no adjustments you can do.
However replacing the clutch isn't too challenging for someone with reasonable home mechanic skills and the means to lift the car enough to get underneath it comfortably and safely.

Roger.

·
5,978 Posts
Check the lower rear engine mount is not worn that often gives judder when pulling away when worn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2006 307 HDI 2.0L wagon was doing that at 120000km. When I pulled it apart, the dual mass flywheel springs had disintegrated and there were only a few bits of metal left. Ended up replacing it with a Valeo solid flywheel kit. 220000km and still going strong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Juddering Clutch

My 307 HDI had the pull away judders especially when cold. Had recent complete DMF / Clutch complete change as I drive long journeys and did not want the whole lot to disintegrate. No judders now but mechanic said everything looked in good condition except for the plates slightly warped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts