Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

I have a 2003 307 running gasoline with aircon. The car was hit in the front, and I had to replace the radiator, fan and air condenser. Like "always" when you mess with the cooling, change one part and another goes bad

So, having this car about 2 years, it always ran under 90, more like 85 and would only occasionally hit 95 on ho summer days sitting. But I remember the fan coming on, and even staying on when the car was shut off at times when really hot. Now, the car will go over 95 almost all the time, except when running down the freeway over 90km. So, I started looking around on forums, and a lot of people pointed to the relay or temp gauge on the right side of the block. So, simple enough I changed this out. Same thing. I also check and double checked for air in the system doing bleeds.

Another strange thing is that the aircon does not run the fan constantly, which I have heard should be the case. It will kick the fan on, but for like 5 seconds and then right off again. Cycling every few moments. Also, when the system goes up to around 105c the fan comes on, but only brings it down to around 95c. If the temp is high, and you shut the car off, the fan goes off too. I remember it staying on when I would go into a garage on the summer days.

Any ideas on this erratic issue with the fans? Thermostat?

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
was your replacement rad new or used if used it may need flushed out as it could be partially blocked

is your aircon regassed as the fan cutting on and off is usually because the aircon is cutting on and off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the radiator is new from Oscaro (AVA Deutschland/Radiateur du moteur - PE2221) and yes we had the gas put back into the Aircon. I will have to check the compressor to see if it is going on and off to your point. But, the car is for sure running hotter than in the past. TO me it would "seem" like air in the system. But I double checked that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi;

yes the compressor is staying on for about 20 seconds and then off. I wil have to get it charged / evacuated again.

I am still not sure why the car runs hot compared to before the changed radiator. Thermostat is all I can think of. The cur keeps pegging 105c fan comes on, and then takes it to 97 and starts again. It used to run all the time under 90c

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'd check for something obvious - double check that there are no folds/kinks in any of the pipes - anything that would restrict the flow of coolant. The new radiator might be perfect but if the coolant isn't getting there quickly enough it'll soon heat up... Normally the temperature sensor isn't in the radiator itself so the rad might well be doing its job perfectly on what coolant it's getting....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts