Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have a rt3 system in my pug what you can connect a dvd player to via the av box in the glove box is there a way of watching a dvd while the cars moving or would it be easier just to buy a portable dvd player :thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlie said:
erm, you do mean to watch the DVD player in the back of the car while it's moving yeah ? ....:eek:
kind of ive got the factory fit rt3 colour sat nav phone computer thing built in to the dash in the middle by the front windscreen what you can play dvds and plug other things like camras mp3s that you can connect to via the 3 av leads in the glove box but as soon as you start driving it goes off peugeot say its a safty feature i was just wondering if there was a way around it :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Usually front mounted screens are safety locked in one (or both) of two ways, one is via the handbrake (switch) being on and the other is usually via the Sat Nav system picking up the fact that the vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wonder if i take the sat nav disc out as that seems to turn the sat nav off as it dont know were the car is but would it still pick up on the phone signal as if its just the hand break i would be just bypass the switch so it thinks the hand break is on the only down side is the light on the dash broard any ideas lads :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
If I remember correctly you can override the safety feature by just earthing the stereo to another part of the car, always worked for my DVD players.

I could be wrong though, it's been a while :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey its worth a try if i get chance i will try it this week as im off to newquay friday and if it works it will keep everybody quite in the back as its a very boreing drive down there and they wont be bugging the hell out of me :lol: by re-routeing the earth wire do you think it will affect any thing else :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts