Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my road tax letter came in the post for renewal at the end of the month. When I looked at the price it was 200 pound !! Shit Lool it's quite alot to be honest, so the reason I'm posting this is there no way I can get that lowered or something like retest co2 emission like do somthing to the engine etc... Nothing at all to help me?? I have a 307 1.6 petrol manual year 2007 thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol we I still think its alot mate and I think you should get a new car at this rate Lool. Is there no way to make your car better give out less co2 emission apart from the obvious like can I not take it to a garage and sort out and do a retest if possible ?

P

·
0 Posts
Sounds about right for a 1.6 petrol? I came from a 1.9 306 that was 200+ for a year's tax, my current 2.0 HDI 307 is a lot lower then my 306 was at only £135.

D

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't change it. Its a great car. Never gave an ounce of bother. I have no maintainance costs as I carry out everything myself. Because of that it all balances out. I'll live with the high tax.
The cheapest road tax here in Irl is €200. Thats band A eg a 207,1.4hdi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

D

·
0 Posts
Lol we I still think its alot mate and I think you should get a new car at this rate Lool. Is there no way to make your car better give out less co2 emission apart from the obvious like can I not take it to a garage and sort out and do a retest if possible ?
Road tax is calculated on what co2 the car came out of the factory at. It can't change.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
129 Posts
I went from my £30 a year 206 1.4 HDi to £100/£55 (12/6 months) on a 1.6 307 HDi - currently running my Corsa 1.2 petrol which is £66/£120 and his 206 sport which is £74.50/£145 (1.4 Petrol)

I want my £30 a year road tax car back!

·
Registered
129 Posts
The 107 appealed to me because of the £20 road tax, just sadly too small with one child still in a pushchair. Definitely on the cards for my next car though m

·
Registered
424 Posts
road tax in Ireland is extortionate!! :eek:

one reason I went for my 407 2.0 HDi was the £155p/a tax... although it's now gone up to £170p/a :eyebrow:

I'm looking forward to getting one of the newer generation of turbo-diesels with the stop-start technology and the £35p/a tax :D (unless I win the lottery by then in which case it'll be an Aston DBS)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Petrols always seem to be higher in tax. As mentioned all down to emissions. Diesels are cheaper due to the emission controls they now stick in the lumps.

My ford focus 1.8tdci 2006 is around £135 a year to tax...comparing that to my old 307 1.6 2001, there is a considerable saving.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm band K in the UK - so that's £280 for the year. But i am very lucky. Me pug was registered a few days before 23/3/2006.

Had it been after i'd be paying £475 p/a!!!2.7 hdi and 226g C02 p/km.

:D

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
While road tax can be extortionate, I try to balance the cost across everything. I would gladly pay a higher band road tax if it had better fuel economy and / or the insurance premium was lower to make the total cost cheaper. And in the UK, it's really only the top bands that have significant increases over the one below. Excluding the lower bands i.e. £0 / £20 /£30 the increase is minimal and if you got only an extra couple of miles per gallon, over a yesr you would probably be better off. Sometimes dearer in one area can still work out as a cheaper total cost.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My 3008 Exclusive 1.6 VTI 120 petrol comes in at £170 a year.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Its NOT road tax has not been road tax for years :)

We have 2 clio dcis 1 is a 80hp model £20 a year the other is 65hp model £30 a year !!

My espace is £235 I think but newer espaces are as much as £400 !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts