Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Ordered a reman turbo for my 136. Just a quick question so I can get her back together. Where the turbo bolts to the manifold. Only 2 studs actually hold and the third one sits inside a recess through the manifold. Is this right or am I supposed to remove that stud and counter sink a long bolt from the other side of the manifold? It's been in the garage so long now and my brother removed the manifold and moved the egr cooler so I'm a little lost.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
All 3 bolts hold it but you can leave slotted one in place it is designed to make fitting easier i think just fit it then tighten them all up if your doing it in the car that bits easy its fitting the cat on that will cause you the most problems !!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. I've managed to get the turbo onto the manifold and the manifold up in place pin a couple bolts. My brother is going to pop over tomorrow night to plumb the turbo in and do the egr assembly. And then the joy of piecing the exhaust and sub frame back together

*Update* might have to finish it on my own. Is there a reason why one of the lower manifold bolts is longer than the others? The top 4 studs were already in place, so only have the rest to install, from what I can see there cooler had been split on a flange, guessing it's these 10m nuts and bolts with washers. Getting a bit confused as I didn't remove this part and I don't want to risk damaging the new turbo unit.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok. The whole car is back together. New turbo and still no boost. Just did a vac test on the pipe that feeds the turbo solenoid and it's pulling 27 on my gauge. I'm absolutely lost guys. Turbo solenoid maybe?

PS: I've just bypassed the turbo solenoid in a last ditch attempt to solve the problem. Didn't change the boost at all. This is making me think that the position repeat sensor harness is faulty and therefore doesn't create boost whatever you do with the vac supply

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@reliable406. I remember you said in an old post that if you have one bad solenoid it effects vacuum to all solenoid. So even by bypassing the turbo one. It could still be bleeding to atmosphere from one of the egr solenoids? I can't test what's going on under load with my gauge. Just parked up at idle.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Put the gauge on the feed pipe to the solenoid and test vac if its good at idle rev engine it should stay roughly the same might drop a little some drop off a cliff when revved and this is usually a vacuum pump fault but to be honest if you replaced a turbo for a lack of boost rather for it being worn out you wasted your time.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'll try it under a rev. But with decent vac supply is it more likely a problem between the repeat sensor and the pcm? I just think it's strange that my boost doesn't change if I swap the lines around or bypass solenoids. Surely it would react differently each time unless the repeat sensor just wasn't seen

And yeah. Massive waste of time. Effort and money. This car is stubborn

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Thats good then you can rule out a vac leak so now you need lots of live data readings to find out what is not working there are many reasons for lack of boost and in all honesty a bad turbo is last on my list unless there is something obvious wrong with it.

Repeat sensor only feeds back info to ecu as a confirmation of boost settings it wont stop boost completely

Map sensor would be next on my list IF there are no obvious boost leaks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend is going to check the electrics over for me tomorrow. I have been getting the same p2563 code. Got a cam sensor come and then clear. So maybe there's some bad wiring there. Also now getting p402 egr. I'll check the map with him as well. It's not been replaced due to price and I can't really test it because it just won't rev over 4k without it

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked over the wiring and sensors today. Got the p2563 again and inspected the wiring from the pcm to the repeat sensor and found a break. Repaired it and reset the code and still no boost. Subframe off again tomorrow as it's leaking exhaust fumes from somewhere now as well. I give up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Its looking like another diagnostics yeah. After I sort this exhaust leak though. I noticed earlier that there is no vac supply to my doser or the other pod at all. Would this also effect boost?

I remember you told me that only one gets vac and then feeds the other or one only gets vac sometimes. But neither have vac. And the car revs up slowly and delayed even in neutral but seems more responsive with the intake pipe off. Also it makes a tiny bit of boost really late and runs a little better without the maf. Which is new and working as it should.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok some more info. After a few drives without maf in logging a new code.

P1447

ELC system closure valve Flow fault
EDC15C2 - PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect. / PEF: Particle emission filter. Clogged particle filter.

Could this be the culprit? I've always checked over the dpf on planet and it says it was fine. Didn't think it would clog while running like crap but that's what it says. Unless its a differential pressure sensor?

Also getting high voltage to iat for some reason. And low voltage to maf as it's unplugged

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Your still reading codes you need to see actual live data while running but if DPF is clogged it will affect boost as turbo is being restricted due to lack of exhaust flow

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what I was thinking. It would also explain why it chuffs out a plume of smoke from the engine every now and then. Path of least resistance and all that.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update. Ran some data on pp2000 and can't see anything obvious. Getting codes for vane position. Flow meter codes. Iat and clogged dpf. Checked dpf. Apparently it's 8% loaded and regened 22km ago. Never seen this car smoking though. I don't know if this matters but when changing the turbo i noticed that the bracket for the turbo intake is broken but the pipe is still seated within the intake. Does this matter? Could it be sucking in air here after the maf and causing problems?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts