Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
I have haynes manual for my 307 and out of all the stuff Ive bought for my 307 I would have to say this is at the top of the list.

Cant remember where I got it from but got it from a website for £13 brand new.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah the Haynes book of lies :D :D

I to have this as there does not seem to be much else. At least Harley's make a decent parts and workshop manual.
I know what a lot will think but Harleys are very technical tractors, almost as much electronics as a peugeot and catalytic converters on the new models.
Nuff said

·
Registered
184 Posts
kenledger said:
Ah the Haynes book of lies :D :D
LOL. That old chestnut, A mate of mine is currently getting into a bit of servicing and when we were working on his car he kept on asking why I called it the haynes book of lies... Until we came to an instruction that just didn't make any sense in his car, lol. To which I said, there ya go! Lies!!!!

The main gripe I have with the Haynes manual is some things are hilarious as they don't warn about wear, so a job can look simple as. For example removing a front pipe. Simply remove the 6 or so bolts either side of the pipe. They don't mention the years of rust and how you'll need to soak the bolts for 24 hours in WD40, LOL

They also don't mention how bad 12 point sockets can be bad on wearing bolts and its always better to use hex points. Since they are partially beginners guides, that would've helped to know when getting into servicing instead of discovering it for myself and rounding a lot of bolts in my younger day of servicing, lol

I know they suck but I still have one. Its always a good idea to have some point of reference to prepare and find certain things easier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts