Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dropping our key few time, remote stopped working. Car start OK so it is realy only remote buttons problem. Can I fix this by getting used 307 key, change blade from my one and code it? will it be only holding button for 10sec while inside fob or it need to be done by pp2000 with key code from scratch card? cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
What year is your car and do you have a pre or post face lift? Is your key a fixed or flip blade.

This will determine where to start with repairing/replacing the fob.

·
Registered
437 Posts
OK your key will have a pcb which is used for the remote locking/unlocking and a separate transponder chip used to disable the immobiliser.

PP2000 is needed when programming new transponders but as you are still able to start the car your chip will still be OK.

To get your remote locking unlocking working you may need a new remote fob with new PCB that you can transfer your existing transponder chip and key blade into.

A few people have managed to use second hand fobs for this but I tried and could not so my spare key that i made does not have remote functions but it's the spare so I'll live with it.

Maybe someone will come along with a cheaper solution than a new fob.

Pete

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm no expert and don't forget I failed in my attempt to create a spare key. I got the blade cut fine and I programmed the transponder ok but consigned my spare key to be a non remote because a new fob is about £45 from Pug. My understanding is that the pcb has to be new and the one in that link was used. As mentioned I have read at least one thread where a member managed to use a second hand PCB but you take that risk.

One name that came up often on threads about key fobs was m3mpower, he may be able to advise further I'm sure he wouldn't mind a PM.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry I did not spot it is used (look like unused) of course I was thinking about brand new one :) need to contact m3 because there are realy no detail info about keys in forums

cheers anyway, now I know what to look for

·
Registered
29 Posts
the remote part on a prefacelift doesn't have to be new. It just wants synchronizing manually with the car.

The remote part of a key on a lot of other makes of car can be programmed from vehicle to vehicle

oh & i supply, cut & program car keys for a living

·
Registered
29 Posts
not sure about with the 307 but i've programmed used 206 remotes to different 206's. I can't see why it wouldn't work with a prefacelift 307 because as with most other makes of car remote if the transponder is separate from the PCB then they can be used on a different car that takes same part number remote.

Done this with Pug, & various Ford, Vx, BMW, Subaru, Toyota, loads of VAG & probably other makes i've forgotten about

Oh & i supply, cut & program car keys for a living

Craig

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers actionman :)
but which number to look for? i found 73373067c in my sisters key (matching one I need but can not use it) but there are some more numbers, i think one on the other side in small square must match aswell

206 thread : about keys

and how to program it? simply put my blade and chip inside used case with same number PCB ..... turn key into first position and hold lock button for 10sec .... etc ? or it have to be done with diagnostic tool same as programing new keys?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts