Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,How can I tell if my 307 hdi 110 has successfully done a Regen. I have driven it at 300rpm for 20 minutes on motorway. There are no lights to show how it has done. Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car will only do a passive regen when the it needs to, this is dependent on mileage between regens and dpf load, a clue to this happening is a relay clicking from the glovebox area and a slight change in exhaust note, when you are in town another clue is the car feels a little sluggish and lumpy when ever I felt this I would usually take it for a run if possible, if the regen is interrupted it will try again a few times, if you stop the car when it was trying a regen you will be aware of a hot smell when you get out the car, if you are a motorway driver you will barely notice it apart from the clicking from the glovebox area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem I have is the engine oil is way too high on dipstick.I spoke to the AA man who suggested a blast on motorway as it is getting too much fuel and needs a regen Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you drained some oil off to return it to the correct level, DPF's do not like oil, depending on the oil condition it may be best to change it, get someone with PP to scan for any fault codes, check the soot load of the dpf and when the last regens were attempted by the vehicle. What is the mileage of the vehicle

·
Registered
33 Posts
Before you try anything get the vehicle scanned to check the dpf sot load and when the vehicle last did a regen and distance between regens, what mileage is the vehicle?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
you have to plug it into planet

theres a few things that stop a car regenerating. glow plugs fuel cap sensor egr etc

my car has no faults except one which was the egr. it meant the car wouldnt regenerate. all ok after a new egr and blanking plate was fitted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts