Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
30 Apr 2002 Key operation in the steering lock ignition switch may become stiff or could seize. An ignition switch seized in the start position could result in a starter motor burn out.

23 Aug 2002 Built: 16/08/2001 - 18/08/2001 The front shock absorber lower yoke might not be to the correct specification. As a consequence the yoke may fracture and cause a deterioration in the vehicles road holding. VINs: 82136270 to 82155798.

08 Nov 2002 Built: 29/08/2002 - 30/08/2002 It is possible that the brake fluid is not to the correct specification. This, over a period of time, could adversely affect the brake performance
05 Dec 2002 Built: 02/05/2002 - 14/05/2002 The front left hand anti-roll bar linkage may contact and chafe the brake pipe when turning the wheels to full left lock.

08 Jan 2003 307 Automatic built: 02/08/2002 - 09/08/2002 The automatic gearbox control wiring loom may become pinched. This may make it possible to start the engine whilst the car is in gear.

02 Sep 2003 Built: 21/08/2003 - 21/08/2003 Due to an incident during the vehicle manufacturing process there may be cuts in the side wall or tread of one or both of the tyres on the right hand side of the vehicle.

21 Mar 2004 Built: 28/11/2001 - 02/10/2003 There is a possibility that the EGR support bracket may break and cause a short circuit which may stop the engine.

17 May 2004 307 SW Estate built: 09/02/2004 - 12/02/2004 The possibility exists that the weld points on the chassis rear side members may not have been made correctly. With the result that, in the case of an impact, the vehicle would not comply with the energy absorption criteria
11 Jun 2004 Built: 07/06/2003 - 19/06/2003 It is a possibility that, vehicles may not be correctly fitted with a rear seat anchorage point strengthener. If the strengthener is not fitted, the vehicle will not comply with the defined retention criteria in the case of an accident.

09 Jul 2004 The original engine software may cause erratic operation of the motorised throttle body. This could, in rare extreme cases, cause the throttle stop to break. This will cause the engine to revert to limp home mode, which possible may cause a reduction in braking assistance.

12 Jul 2004 Built; 15/03/2004 - 06/06/2004 There is a risk that the lower swivel joint, on the front suspension, has not been sufficiently tightened

·
Registered
7 Posts
Peugeot 307, 5 dr

Hi, :)

I am picking up a 307 tomorow ( 53 plate - registered on 01/01/04). I wondered if there was some way I could find out when the car was actually built? I checked out the 'recall' list and am trying to determine if my 'new' car was built during the time of any recalls. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Bunty

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bunty said:
Hi, :)

I am picking up a 307 tomorow ( 53 plate - registered on 01/01/04). I wondered if there was some way I could find out when the car was actually built? I checked out the 'recall' list and am trying to determine if my 'new' car was built during the time of any recalls. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Bunty

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

Try contacting peugeot Customer Contact Centre on 0845 200 1234 between 8.30am and 8.00pm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 soundq

hi, i have a 2007 peugeot 307.
i was wondering if it was possible to install a custom cd front loader? does any1 know if this is possible because the whole onboard car computer system runs off the cars standard front loader with the "on dash" screen...?
please help.
my email address is [email protected]
thanx allot

·
Registered
5 Posts
after reading this i emailed peugeot as i am constantly getting abs/esp warning lights on the dash, hoping for a recall!!! and they replied thismorning..... yes there is an outstanding recall on my car, but its for the air doser unit (what is it?) so its goin in next week

C

·
0 Posts
Several dozen 307 recalls. You'd need to check with a dealer or the DVLA website to see if any of them apply to your car, as most are specific to an exact model and engine type.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Recall YSC

Just had snail mail arrive and letter from our dealer advising that we have recall YSC outstanding. As it is the weekend and we knew nothing of this recall, does anyone know what it is for?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ABS Acu Recall

Return to sender said:
get the ABS water ingress recall done as soon as possible. Mother in laws car caught on fire:fire2:
How do I find out if my 307 needs this done?

I have had mine since Aug 2007, when was the recall made?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dave, just call your nearest Pug garage. I did that when I first bought my 307. Read them the reg no. and they can tell you ALL the outstanding recalls...

J

·
0 Posts
gemma74 said:
Dave, just call your nearest Pug garage. I did that when I first bought my 307. Read them the reg no. and they can tell you ALL the outstanding recalls...

Sounds dumb but is this free?

Ergh I'm going to regret posting this...

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah its free, you can also find out what recalls were "carried out" if needed on your car on the VOSA website. (free again)

i did a past MOT search on my old peugeot on there, turned out on every MOT from the first one it needed, it either failed or advised on suspension parts on both front and back but more on the front and even included tires...stupid previous owners...i wonder if this is what caused me to spin out and roll! or was it just me :rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts